Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

DNFXDLI's 79 F150 Build Part 2

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
No I mean what is chrome on a seat LOL. My truck had XLT stuff but nothing was chrome on the seat.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
No I mean what is chrome on a seat LOL. My truck had XLT stuff but nothing was chrome on the seat.

It might have been the later trucks Sean...the sides where the "tilt" for the seat is have a chrome cover on them.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Oh cool. Never knew that. sounds like a nice thing to add. My seat now is the rear seat of a 91 crewcab so it probably won't fit it.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Yeah, I don't know what to say about that...maybe Dennis or Bill might have some input on that.

Last edited:

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Thanks for the link Dennis. Next time I go to the junkyard maybe I'll see if I can find some and see if they will fit my current seat.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Pics of the mentioned chrome covers:

79_Truck_0272.JPG

79_Truck_0286.JPG

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Those look very nice. I was extremely happy with what I've purchased from DC. The fan shroud I puchased was the same way - it had the FMC number stamped on it also. Are you putting them on the seat now?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Those look very nice. I was extremely happy with what I've purchased from DC. The fan shroud I puchased was the same way - it had the FMC number stamped on it also. Are you putting them on the seat now?

Not yet, the seat is a long way off...just happened to get sent with an order.
I've found the original seat material and vinyl from SMS and will get the seat done here as well as new springs and foam.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Those look nice!

primetime

sawmill slave
The block and bracketry will be powdercoated in Ford blue. Intake and exhaust will be ceramic coated in a "chrome" type of ceramic coating. The valve covers and air cleaner will be of a "Ford Racing" type.
My hope is that from outward appearance, the truck will look factoryish.
The fuel injection closely resembles a Holley carb.
Rims will be Centerline Wilderness type, probably a 17'' with BFG A/T's

Holy crap, forgot I asked. Sounds very nice. I`ve always liked the factorish versus I threw all kinds geegaws at this thing look.

I`m assuming it`s going to be blue? Just trying to skip to the end!:jumping:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Thanks!..It will be repainted in the original factory medium blue metallic...the Wilderness rims are similar to the ones that are on in the pic.

from_Val_572.JPG

primetime

sawmill slave
Thanks!..It will be repainted in the original factory medium blue metallic...the Wilderness rims are similar to the ones that are on in the pic.

from_Val_572.JPG

You are very welcome. That picture reminds me of when I first saw your truck at 78-79 Blue Oval Bronco, before I joined here. Seeing the pics of the tear down, I couldn`t help but think, "I`d leave it be and drive it!"

But my standards are lower. And it`s impressive.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Believe it or not, when I bought it the plan was just to occasionally drive it, which I did for the first summer.
I didn't have my garage built so I had to store it in an unheated storage facilty over winter.
Come Spring, every gasket had shrunk and cracked, it started leaking everything and I had to do something.
So much for a simple "regasket" job.
Thanks again for the kind comments!, I think this truck will be pretty damn cool when it is done.

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
You're doing a great job! So, don't take this the wrong way, but that thing was beautiful before you started. I think i would have just driven it the way it was.

However...your build has to be one of the most meticulous ones I've ever seen. Great work!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Thanks Steve!..no offense taken at all!...I wish I was driving it!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts