Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

DNFXDLI's 79 F150 Build Part 2

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Went and picked up the transmission and transfer case today. I will have to paint over the dryfilm that is exposed after I talk to the place that did it to see what will work best. Transfer case was completely rebuilt with everything new..all USA or OEM parts. Transmission got the planetary set out of a 4R100 (not aftermarket) genuine Ford only! Sonnax servo, black stripe modulator from a 460, shift kit, 2600 converter from TCS.
Pics aren't the greatest, cell phone..but I wanted to get a few before they were wrapped in plastic.

2011-10-25_13-23-31_178.jpg

2011-10-25_13-23-44_231.jpg

2011-10-25_13-26-48_992.jpg

2011-10-25_13-24-27_67.jpg

2011-10-25_13-23-52_256.jpg

2011-10-25_13-24-05_834.jpg

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
True Randy..and the other aspect is $$..I won't go into debt over a toy!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Next on the agenda is the diffs. The rear will have to be test fitted before powdercoat owing to the damage to the housing from the collapsed pinion bearing(s). Found some NOS complete hubs to go with it as well.
Looks like the updated progress over the winter will be strictly the drivetrain/chassis including the fuel injection.

primetime

sawmill slave
Sweet. Ironically, just the other day I was wondering how you were coming on this.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Duncers. I'm coming to Canadialand to make the love to your chassis.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Sweet. Ironically, just the other day I was wondering how you were coming on this.

Slowly..but I would rather that than having regrets about not doing something the way I wanted it done. I think I will also have the block hot tanked and then take it back and grind out a bunch of casting seams.....that kind of thing is just time and a few wobbly pops.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
True Randy..and the other aspect is $$..I won't go into debt over a toy!

This is anti-US Govt philosophy Duncan...but, I for one, agree with you!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Yep....but perfection takes time :D

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Just went through this thread to catch up. Man, everything looks great. I don't know who is more excited seeing the progress and anxiously waiting for this project to get complete You or the rest of us. Nice job.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Thanks Buck!..I am anxious to get it done, but if I even cut one corner I will have to go back and fix it, so I do things as time and $ allow.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Went down to Montana today and picked up a bunch more NOS parts....

Speedo cable from speedo to speed sensor/union:

79_Truck_00116.JPG

Shifter boot:

79_Truck_00213.JPG

Steering damper, vacuum motor and something else that I forget right now :D

79_Truck_0037.JPG

Radio that will be gutted and updated with new innards, but retain the outward appearance and tuning functions:

79_Truck_00516.JPG

Radius arm bushings:

79_Truck_00614.JPG

More literature to upload here...yeah, yeah..I know I've been slacking on that

79_Truck_01113.JPG

Parking brake cables...both front and rears, and for the anal types that check part #'s, they are not an exact match...but we measured them and they are within an inch...I would rather have that than aftermarket :D

79_Truck_01610.JPG

79_Truck_0239.JPG

The idler pulley that pissed me off:

79_Truck_0179.JPG

Rear splash shields:

79_Truck_01811.JPG

Front inner splash shields:

79_Truck_0199.JPG

Stabilizer links, engine mount (still need one), tranny mount, door strikers:

79_Truck_0204.JPG

Stabilizer bushings, ends, and other crap:

79_Truck_0218.JPG

Front and rear spring/axle bump stops:

79_Truck_0258.JPG

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Are you sending the radio out or doing it yourself?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Are you sending the radio out or doing it yourself?

Sending it out...I've tried to source the "kit" that all the places are using but to no avail.
Looks like any of the resto places are all using the same kit....I would rather do it myself.

Ford Truck Articles