Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

DNFXDLI's 79 F150 Build Part 2

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I can see the engine block grinding is going to take a bit as well.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Thanks Roy...don't laugh, when we did the bike I came very close to getting that frame chromed!

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
It's amazing that you have not given up on being patient with all the tedious time consuming work you are doing make things "perfect". It's almost impossible to make a truck "perfect", but yours is going to be as close to perfect as possible.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I think not working on it every day and not pressuring myself helps, that way it doesn't become a "job". I do want my garage back as I never did finish the interior before this started.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Besides these
Pictures. People will never be able
To fully appreciate this truck. I can imagine when it's
Finished and all the little things Duncan has
Done. It would take people who see tees tricks
Daily weeks to see it all.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I think I will take a break after this is done. I don't know what or if I want to do another one.

I think not working on it every day and not pressuring myself helps, that way it doesn't become a "job". I do want my garage back as I never did finish the interior before this started.

Exactly! As soon as I get annoyed or frustrated, I put the tools down and call it quits.

That's probably why I get so little done... :wasntme:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Exactly! As soon as I get annoyed or frustrated, I put the tools down and call it quits.

That's probably why I get so little done... :wasntme:

So far I haven't got annoyed, maybe a little frustrated here and there.

Can't say I blame you. But I'm
Sure
You will have another project. Just font
Know what yet.

Yeah, there probably will be another...I do have a few ideas.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Well, some of you might think I'm nuts for this next idea. Ever since I took the crossmembers, cab mounts etc. off, I've not been happy with the idea of bolting them together where they were riveted, so...I have located a source of 3/8 round head rivets and am exploring options for installing them so it appears as it came from the factory.

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
Well, some of you might think I'm nuts for this next idea. Ever since I took the crossmembers, cab mounts etc. off, I've not been happy with the idea of bolting them together where they were riveted, so...I have located a source of 3/8 round head rivets and am exploring options for installing them so it appears as it came from the factory.

that's the way to go , you have done everything else above and beyond, will look good! as you stated, "just like it came from the factory"

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I have a feeling I will have to take the frame and the cab to the body shop so they can align the cab mounts, I'm just guessing at that though. I didn't really get a chance to talk to him today about it.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Another NOS parts run...some highlights being the center vent, lockout hub retainers and wiperblades...and a pile of other stuff.

79_Truck_00715.JPG

79_Truck_00915.JPG

79_Truck_01017.JPG

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts