Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Are you having an issue with the site?

What IE are you guys running IE6,IE7 or IE8 ?

I never had any problems last night

I heard there was a bug in IE8 and or Service pack 3 that targeted sites that people visited a lot and caused weird problems happen.

Maybe do a google search for issues with IE8.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Well Ive usually got youtube open on a differnt tab as well and theres no problems with that. Ive also had no problems with any of the other sites that im on alot.

Well please know Guys, Scott is really wracking his brain trying to get this glitch straightened out. Your concerns are not being taken lightly.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

IE7 on the laptop and IE8 on the desktop...only went as far as having SP2 because I heard of glitches.

Well please know Guys, Scott is really wracking his brain trying to get this glitch straightened out. Your concerns are not being taken lightly.

And let me say for one, I greatly appreciate it. Especially considering it only seems to be a handful of members experiencing the problem. To be honest, I usually took it as my alarm to logout and go to bed...haha.

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona

I heard there was a bug in IE8 and or Service pack 3 that targeted sites that people visited a lot and caused weird problems happen.

Maybe do a google search for issues with IE8.

IE8, but since it only happens on this site i would suspect it is not IE, as i frequent other forum sites with no problems. Not to mention i can get it to do it when i try Firefox as well.

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona

Everything you guys are doing is very much appreciated. I do not envy Scott in his task to track down a glitch.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Here's another one for me that is happening more and more frequently. It happens at almost any time, and isn't just specific to the first post on the next page. What happens is, I get a notification to a new post, I follow the link, and the new post isn't there. I can see in my CP there is a new post and at what time it was posted, same for in New Posts...but nothing shows when I click the thread and try to find the new post. And refreshing doesn't do anything either.

The most recent time this happened was just a little bit ago, Lee posted something, I was notified, and nothing was there. Usually what needs to happen is another post needs to be made, and then the previous post still doesn't show up until you revisit the thread or click refresh.

Here you'll clearly see, it goes from post 30 to post 32:

FTFerror.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
For the record...this used to be my trouble time, and the site is performing perfectly, and has all day...with the exception of missing posts. But speed, lag time and error messages has been perfect.

Last edited:
None for me in a long time which is odd. I've always had a lag from when I hit post reply to actual post appearing but I get that everywhere. I mean everywhere.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Been on here for about 2 hours now, and it is taking the longest it ever has to post a reply or to load a page...and it's not showing a couple of my posts in threads, yet shows I have posted in New Posts and and CP.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
It also showed the internet explorer cannot find this webpage message in the chatbox. When I treid to refresh it a different message came up sayin that the link appears to be broken.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
also every time I try and post a reply after I click post the pages goes white and i have to rewrite all the shizzle I was forgetting to talk about..
Wait..
What..

I just tried posting and got the 10 second countdown before it finally took.

I detected a problem with establishing an IP address from my ISP.

Edit: this one was immediate

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
Scott is working on the server now. I am helping with some of the server errors that are popping up. Once the errors are corrected I will be in contact with scott as I have him try a few more things that may get the site flowing smooth.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts