Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Are you having an issue with the site?

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
Ok, there was another thread going regarding site issues but that thread has become difficult to follow for a few reasons.

We want to be able to address issues as they come up So I'm going to put this thread out there. Please also keep in mind that we are not always to fix one issue without a different issue popping up and that even though we try, we are simply unable to please everyone all the time. We are also trying to see exactly how widespread any issues may be or if they are more isolated cases.

If you are having an issue with FTF please post it up here using the below listed guidelines.

1)Please be as specific as possible when listing your issue. "Site is slow" does not tell us anything. Is it specific to loading the site or viewing pictures or posting reply's (you get the picture) If there is an error message please post the message or provide a screenshot.

2) Please list as specific a time frame as possible that the issue is occurring. For example if it happens every day at 5pm CST that is helpful information.

3)Please list anything you have attempted to do to correct this issue, clearing cookies in your browser, logging off and back on etc...

We are hoping this thread will be a source of useful information to help in the administration of this site. Please avoid chatting in this thread as I will just delete those posts I deem to be off-topic. Please do not suggest to another user that they get a life or clean their glasses or pull their head out of their wherever or any other sort of unproductive comments like that, again I will just delete those posts.

So please post up any site issues you are having.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Since Scott made the last round of changes 2 days ago:

1) The issues contain of slow posting, meaning alot of lag time for the text box to appear when I go to quote/multiquote. I also experience the same lag time when I submit a reply by clicking the 'post quick reply' button. There are also times when I go to open a thread, refresh my CP or open 'New Posts' that I get 'Internet explorer cannot open this page' (similarly happens in Firefox as well)...I'll post a screen shot when it happen.

2) This issue has now made a 12 hour shift from 1-2am to 1-2pm est.

3) I have cleared cookies and a refresh of the page usually helps when I experience said lag time. When I get the error message, nothing seems to work so I just check back in to see when they go away.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I haven't been able to embed pics when I try it just shows a hotlink and also the formatting is getting all scrambled I can take a screen shot if you like.

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
I see the formatting issue your talking about. I'll pass it onto admin. Does it happen with the standard skin also or just the blacksmart? As to the pic embedding issue I have no idea, I have not heard any other complaints.

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
Well i have stayed out of this posting fray, but i have experienced slow loading of the site, difficult to post a response, double post etc. Also sometimes when i click a thread or post a response i get the blank screen cannot find website. When i re-click to go to the website the forum loads but i have been completely logged out and have to re-log in.

This has occurred at all hours, and has been happening for at least the last 6 weeks. I clear all caches & cookies when i shut the computer down at the end of the day.

For those of you having problems.

1) are you connected through a router (try unplugging and reboot)
2) have you done a tracert to see where problems may be.watch for this *
3) have you tried different browsers at the same time
4) have you done a spyware/adware scan

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

1) No
2) not in the last few weeks
3) Yes
4) Yes

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Starting at 12:47 pages aren't loading and I'm having difficulty submitting posts, and this is what I get:

errormessage.jpg

And the other sites I have tabbed in that screen shot are still performing flawlessly

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Im havin the same problems that Ben described. Slow loadin pages, not postin a reply after I type it and submit it in the quick reply box. It hasnt given me the "internet explorer cannot find this page" message yet but Ill keep tryin to post and see if it does. It started at about 10:30 Mountain time. Also like Ben other sites are workin fine.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
x3....this post took several attempts

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
1:17 am est, the site is back to working perfectly again.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Just gave me the same message again when I clicked send on the chat box after typin a message. Tried to refresh the site same problem, I tried clickin the address bar and hit enter same message. Also tried gettin all the way off the internet and waitin a bit and it finally let me back on.

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona

1) Does it no matter how i am connected, through router or direct.
2) At times depending how much time i have to spend screwing with it, but when the other sites i am on at the same time work flawlessly i suspect it is an FTF problem
3) Yes
4)Yes done daily along with cache and cookie cleanup with ccleaner.

Also i build computers and set-up networks, so this is not totally foreign to me.

I also at times like the other get the IE cannot find website when a click another thread or to post a reply, then when i reload the website it has also logged me out.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts