Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

my new Bump

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Honesty dont know, haven't dug too deep into it. Its been welded in the up position, I'm probably gonna remove it all and sell the pump and ram.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Must be a good one then canadiansmilie

Fellro

Staff member
The 330 is an FT not FE. While they may seem the same, you will find they most certainly are not. If you are looking for the intake fot it,I believe that the hose from the intake to the water pump is different. I will have to look, but I recall quite a few differences between the water pump and accessories and such on the FT motors that make it such that the parts won't swap. You likely could plug an FE in the same place as the FT, as long as you bring everything for it along with it.

Fellro

Staff member
I picked one up from Rock Auto since the flare is broken off of mine. They are still used I believe.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I'd check the connections and if they are good and it is the switch, you might be able to disassemble it and clean it.

primetime

sawmill slave
Keep the king pins greased and the right size and pressure steer tires on it, and yeah, manual steering in those big trucks is`nt bad at all. Heck my step daughter had zero problems with a C-60 chev when she was 14.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Here's another question, are switches for a two speed rear axle still easy to come by? Mine has been whisping some smoke lately....

E5HZ-4107-A (replaced B2Q-4107-A) .. Two Speed Rear Axle Switch-mounts on gearshift lever, has a red knob / Obsolete

B2Q-4107-A Eaton part number: 32382 / Same switch used 1952/86, available NOS and from auto parts stores.

FT engines: 330 2V Medium Duty - 330 2V Heavy Duty - 361 2V (1974/78 2V & 4V) / 391 4V

330 2V M/D uses the 352/360 crank, but it is not a "little brother" of either. :rotz:

And, 1964/65 FT engines (except 391) use different VIN engine codes than 1966/78.

Last edited:

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
I picked one up from Rock Auto since the flare is broken off of mine. They are still used I believe.
What was the amperage specs on that switch
I'd check the connections and if they are good and it is the switch, you might be able to disassemble it and clean it.
I'll give it a shot, knowing my luck with electrical.....:wasntme:
Keep the king pins greased and the right size and pressure steer tires on it, and yeah, manual steering in those big trucks is`nt bad at all. Heck my step daughter had zero problems with a C-60 chev when she was 14.
They need pulled apart and cleaned, bit of a mess...
E5HZ-4107-A (replaced B2Q-4107-A) .. Two Speed Rear Axle Switch-mounts on gearshift lever, has a red knob / Obsolete

B2Q-4107-A Eaton part number: 32382 / Same switch used 1952/86, available NOS and from auto parts stores.

FT engines: 330 2V Medium Duty - 330 2V Heavy Duty - 361 2V (1974/78 2V & 4V) / 391 4V

330 2V M/D uses the 352/360 crank, but it is not a "little brother" of either. :rotz:

And, 1964/65 FT engines (except 391) use different VIN engine codes than 1966/78.

Thank you Bill,

Fellro

Staff member
What was the amperage specs on that switch

Didn't check that, but it was listed for a Ford truck. I caught it on one of their clearance deals, and since I was in need... The old switch still works, I just have to physically grab hold to pull it, instead of being able to just put my fingers under it to lift it.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Duncan, the lift gate seems to only be power up/gravity down.

I dont want to throw a whole bunch of time and money into it but can I throw in a three position switch in the circuit to give me power down as well?

Fellro

Staff member
That will be determined by the hydraulic cylinder used. If it is only a one way cylinder, you can only run it one way. The easy way to tell is if there is only one hose hooked to it. If it has two hoses hooked up to it, then it is a two way.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
That will be determined by the hydraulic cylinder used. If it is only a one way cylinder, you can only run it one way. The easy way to tell is if there is only one hose hooked to it. If it has two hoses hooked up to it, then it is a two way.

Its got a big hose, and a little hose hooked up to what looks like a flow control valve

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts