Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

my new Bump

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Got a pretty good steal of a deal on it.

Decoded the V.I.N.

It's a 330c.i FT
Was made in canadiansmilie
And rolled off the line mid June of 1971...

Another photo, because I can

315039361_zpsee696956.jpg

Last edited:

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Me like. Needs less elevation.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Got a pretty good steal of a deal on it.

Decoded the VIN .. It's a 330c.i FT :confused:
You decoded the VIN, but are you aware that there were two different 330 2V FT's? Most of the parts do not interchange!

1966/78: VIN engine code C = 330 2V Medium Duty / VIN engine code D = 330 2V Heavy Duty.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
You decoded the VIN, but are you aware that there were two different 330 2V FT's? Most of the parts do not interchange!

1966/78: VIN engine code C = 330 2V Medium Duty / VIN engine code D = 330 2V Heavy Duty.

Yep, F60CCL84826. Medium duty 330. If it don't cut the snuff I've got an extra 130c.i sitting in the bullpen; or, I'll find another FT to swap in...

So Bill, school me on the 330 m/d truck engine.

Fellro

Staff member
I'm sure Goose can tell you better, but the two speed is basically an under drive and a direct drive. You pull the knob to shift down for loaded starts, then when you get going good, push in the clutch , push the button back down as you would to shift and let it engage direct. They had them on Allisons as well, but I always hated how they would bang into direct.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Another question Bill, F600 master cylinder p/n?
1971 F600:

5 possible master cylinders: With single or split hydraulic brakes? Firewall or frame mounted booster? What is the size of the front brake shoes, 14" x 2 1/2" or 15" x 3"?

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Well, worked on it today. After some tinkering and fine tuning I got it running pretty good.
Never had an FE let me down yet and this 330 is no exception. Also got the rear axle functioning correctly which leaves the brakes.

The manual steering ain't too bad for a big truck, lift gate is functions up, but I sure can't figure out the down function.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Does the lift have solenoids for both directions?

Ford Truck Articles