Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Misc Texas Thread

ford4life69

Uwasa Wahya
TEXAS
On the way back from the gym me and my bro went to Hastings and sitting at the bank was a pretty silver 79 f150 so bad it wasn't a short bed or I would have asked if it was for sell.

50th and indiana in the old albertsons.....?

did she look like this?

IMG_0071.jpg

she's not for sale but thanks YelloThumbUp

ford4life69

Uwasa Wahya
TEXAS
One last thing, i may have offended some of you, which was not my intention.
Connie you are one of the people i am thinking might find this post offensive, but that was not my intention, i am not trying to degrade you or anybody else.
Please dont take it as that.

I'm not offended - I happen to agree with some of what you said and happen to have said some of what you said myself *the majority of us being here in Lubbock and we haven't tried to get together part*. Yeah I think it would be a slap in the face to ANYONE doing the CL job to just vote them off cuz they've been gone. That's why I said something.

So you suggested we all do something to help us grow. Alright Lubbock.... where do we wanna meet and what do we wanna do?

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
well it being cold as a well diggers ass right now, im gunna sit inside and drink coffee...

But if yall want to get together for something, or some event, let me know...
I will see if i can come up with some idea's, maybe like a twice montly meet somewhere?
I would be down for that?
Or heck if you want make it weekly, or monthly....
suggestions?

ford4life69

Uwasa Wahya
TEXAS
the only places i frequent are the pool halls and i don't know if any of them have coffee cuz i don't drink coffee....

any other ideas? frequency is completely up to y'all cuz i have nothing better to do most days so once a month or more is fine. come spring we can hit the local car shows and things.

ford4life69

Uwasa Wahya
TEXAS
Fast Eddies is cheap on Sundays and I have a discount *the free kind* at Speeds whenever my friend works there but she's on days till 7 pm so that'd have to be an earlier in the day weekend thing. Otherwise there's quarter tables at Copper on Q and I think they're like $3 an hour which is pretty reasonable too compared to other places. Don't know which nights are good over there though cuz they have Hold'em tourneys some nights. I don't know abt Billiards pricing but they've got tourneys on Tuesday nights too. Main Event is WAY to expensive for pool but they have laser tag and once Dave's Need for Speed opens he's got go karts and laser tag and cosmic golf for less than there too. I can keep going but I'm at work so I'll pause and let you ponder on those for a bit.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
well im still not of "legal" drinking age... "legally" but it depends on where i am and who is askin... Im down for pool, thats pretty laid back, and if we want to get physical then we can do some laser tag...

ford4life69

Uwasa Wahya
TEXAS
eh on the weekends early enough none of those places card anyway. ;-D

anything indoors has GOT to be better than sitting at the sonic FREEZING to death right? lol

what do you think nomad?

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Yea i thinks its cool before 10, then im not legally alowed to be there... :(

As far as sonic, ive been there a few times, got some footage of some racing, in mexico of course! :D

ford4life69

Uwasa Wahya
TEXAS
actually speeds kicks out the minors at 7. fast eddies marks minors and speeds used to but there was a cover too. haven't been there late enough to see if there still is or not and haven't had to worry about getting booted for a while now. main event cards you at the bar i think everytime you buy a drink... *shrug*

i've driven past that get together a few times but never stopped. i sorta met one of them at the thunder on the plains in levelland back in august. heavy chevy took those motorized bar stools to the cruise and cruised up beside me to tell me who he was. those things look like a friggin BLAST!

so what do y'all wanna do? - i just can't do sunday for sure cuz that's when that thing called dad will be in off the truck to do Christmas this year.

Last edited:

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
I havent seen the "heavy chevy" but i have been wanting too...
I want them to get the track back open, Idk how often you visit rl, but adams blue cobra, i am on the fence about buying it, as he is one the fence about sellin it...

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Oh as for gettin together, saturday cool with you guys?

not really sure on a time or anything...
When are yall free....
Im free all weekend usually, and free after 6:00Pm on the weekdays... I cant really say for sure when i will be off work, its a hit and miss kinda thing, some days 4: some days 8: or later...

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts