Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

License Plates

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
I dunno but I would like one, see how much it would cost to get some made I am i'm not going to pay 50 bucks for a plate I can't use on my truck but I'll get one to have around the house :D

They way I figure it, it should be between $7-$25 depending how, and who does them, and shipping...

Blade

Backwoods boy
lol, ill look around for someplaces round here that could get them made... i still want one free!, hey what about expiditionmans signature, ""Bleed Ford Blue" is not just a saying. its a way of life", that sounds good

Last edited:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
To be honest... I think the whole thing is kind of a dumb idea... I could put a lot of work into designing a plate and contact someone who can POSSIBLY print it onto a plate insert (I don't know how the heck you'd print those colors onto an aluminum plate, short of paying for a really expensive manufacturing process). But even if I did that, I don't think we would sell more than bout 4 or 5. Thus far I've seen very little interest from the other members in this thread.

Now if you guys wanna make them for your own trucks, by all means go ahead. Any advertisement for FTF is an awesome thing. But I'm the artsie-fartsie photoshop guy and I don't think it'll be worth my time and FTF's money, the payout won't match the amount of time and money we put in (remember time = money :D). We're already in the hole on the decal project, and we need to recoup the money (via sales) before we can really start taking on other projects.

That's my .02, but I'm not really an FTF "employee" anymore :D

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
To be honest... I think the whole thing is kind of a dumb idea... I could put a lot of work into designing a plate and contact someone who can POSSIBLY print it onto a plate insert (I don't know how the heck you'd print those colors onto an aluminum plate, short of paying for a really expensive manufacturing process). But even if I did that, I don't think we would sell more than bout 4 or 5. Thus far I've seen very little interest from the other members in this thread.

Now if you guys wanna make them for your own trucks, by all means go ahead. Any advertisement for FTF is an awesome thing. But I'm the artsie-fartsie photoshop guy and I don't think it'll be worth my time and FTF's money, the payout won't match the amount of time and money we put in (remember time = money :D). We're already in the hole on the decal project, and we need to recoup the money (via sales) before we can really start taking on other projects.

That's my .02, but I'm not really an FTF "employee" anymore :D

I understand what your saying, and your probably right about that.

BUT, it was worth a shot.....:cooldude:

and I am going to look into getting one for my truck! smiliegitrdone (I'd rather have a liscense plate then a sticker on a Chevy truck....:D)

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I understand what your saying, and your probably right about that.

BUT, it was worth a shot.....:cooldude:

and I am going to look into getting one for my truck! smiliegitrdone (I'd rather have a liscense plate then a sticker on a Chevy truck....:D)
Lol, I think it'd be awesome if you did make one for your truck. It's not a bad idea in and of itself-- I just don't think it's real feasible for FTF to produce and sell them. Know what I mean?

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
One thing you guys aren't thinking of. We can get them made for free. Tex can stamp them out while he's in prison. :p:p:p

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts