Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Hello from PA

I know you are kidding BUT I am not sure I could let anything go unless I HAD TO.....

My problem is that I can only afford JUNK that no one else would ever want and spend so much time re-building that I get emotionally tied to each vehicle that I could never let it go.

I trust each of my completed vehicles to drive across the country..because I know every inch of them. But when I get in a newer car that belongs to someone else or ride in one of the rental cars that my wife's work makes her drive for trips I feel uneasy and un-trusting of it even if it is brand new.

I hacked the passenger side all apart.. I still have to do some prep BUT I will start re-assembly soon.

001-11.jpg

002-8.jpg

I need to swing down to the paint shop and snap a pic or 2 of the 52 all aprt for paint..... I keep forgetting my camera when I stop down there to work on it.

havi

third member
I know you are kidding BUT I am not sure I could let anything go unless I HAD TO.....

My problem is that I can only afford JUNK that no one else would ever want and spend so much time re-building that I get emotionally tied to each vehicle that I could never let it go.

You're not alone!

I can't go more than 2 days without someone wanting to buy one of my cars... which is flattering.

I turned down some crazy high offers for my black 52 and my 4x4 52.....selling an f-1 off would be like selling off a kid!!!!

Tonight I started welding the door post, striker post and cowl side in..... The other parts are clamped on to check gaps and see how it all lines up BUT I should be able to get it all burnt in next time I work on it. I am quite happy with how it is all lining up.

001-12.jpg

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
Looking very good John!

Just thought of you and the band today when I went to put something in the trunk of the car. There was an empty Straub bottle rolling around back there. I should have brought a shipment back with me....

well more progress on the 52....

007.jpg

I also made some stock looking bumpers for the rover.

006-6.jpg

005-6.jpg

unfortunatly... I got side tracked on ripping apart the front yard to replace a busted water line!!!

009-5.jpg

Well the last 2 days we worked our butts off and part of the truck is in primer....

013.jpg

011.jpg

009.jpg

007-1.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

020.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

and lastly here it is with the guide coat on.....now to let the primer really harden up then wet sanding time....

026.jpg

I am still planning on gloss black but it really surprised me the amount of mud it took to make it look strait!!!! I ran the truck for 7 years in semigloss with no bondo on it and never realized how hammered up the body was!!!

Your truck is looking great! I like how nice your doors fit with nice, even gaps. At least in the pics. :) It is amazing just how rough we find these old trucks can be once you start trying to make them nice. Keep up the good work.

Thanks..

The gaps are good on it but only after a lot of heat and bending of the hinges.

the body lines aren't exactly where I would like them but I can live with them since trying to adjust those moves everything else back out of whack.

you gotta love how "easily" adjustable these hinges are!!!!

WOW... I am sore...I am not used to bodywork!!!!

I wet sanded the cab and hood and they are just about ready for paint....probably Friday.

005.jpg

Also worked all day on blocking the rear fenders... the p-side is primed and ready for me to start wetsanding on it tomorow.....

016-1.jpg

I ate a lot of putty dust today.....even with a breather on!!!

009-1.jpg

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
^^^^^Wow....that popped big time....looks good....can't wait to see the finished product.

I got some of the trim and whatnot bolted back on it today and the glass back in it.

I also have the bed ready for the final wetsanding after blocking it more and putting more primer on it today.

DSCN0759-1.jpg

DSCN0760.jpg

DSCN0766.jpg

DSCN0770.jpg

DSCN0773.jpg

The only real bummer is I found one spot on the passenger side fender where the paint has a little bubble........either contamination or water in the line or???? I hope we don't have to re-spray that fender but is looking like I may have to.

thanks!!!

Today we got the bed, the hood, the tailgate, cowl vent, the running boards, and the bumper painted.

I also painted the rims and put on new caps.

002-1.jpg

007-4.jpg

004-1.jpg

009-2.jpg

Tomorrow gotta paint the grill and put the truck all back together.....I may be driving it again tomorrow night!!!

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
How'd I miss this?! That truck is hot!!

GOT IT DONE TODAY!!!!

006.jpg

004-2.jpg

005-2.jpg

I drove it a lot and burned off a lot of tire......here it is back up at home next to it's brother......kind-of a beauty and the beast pic....

007-5.jpg

008-1.jpg

It turned out WAY better then expected.. I guess all my endless days of blocking and wetsanding payed off.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts