Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

General Dentside Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Pretty sure he meant 1000...if he only changes his oil ever 10k...much less while he's breakin it in...he's an even bigger idiot than we all thought...hahaha.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Pretty sure he meant 1000...if he only changes his oil ever 10k...much less while he's breakin it in...he's an even bigger idiot than we all thought...hahaha.

Haha. I wanna check so I know who to blame if this thing blows up smilieneenar

I will change it at 500 then 1000 and then start 3k intervals. Maybe I will stick with Rotella throughout.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
I never caught why to do it but thats what my machine shop and my dads buddy always told us to do so thats what we did. I think it was for the cam but Im not sure. That very first oil change at 100 miles is very important. so ya get the cam break in stuff out and check the oil for shavings and stuff like that. I would hold off on the synthetic untill ya know it dont burn any oil and dont have any leaks. I also forgot to say that ya need to break in the rings by acceleratin hard then lettin the compression of the motor slow it down. I do this to all the motors ive built and it is just to seat the rings and keep it from burnin oil.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Mobil 1 is a Great oil. use it but make sure you break it in with Rotella First and make sure to use a good oil filter each time. I like Wix or Motorcraft. I will not use Fram I have had them to to collapse on me. When you change to syn oil just follow what they recommend for time intervals between changes they Vary. Like Royal Purple they say to change oil filters every 3,000 miles and add fresh RP oil to fill it back up which would be about a quart. then change oil and filters at 10,000 miles.

It is on their website. Also look up Mobile 1 Oil they were one of the first with syn oil and is more reasonable in price.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Thanks SuperSnake. I will definitely get the rotella for break in and use motorcraft filters.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Nah that's ok Tex. I just put rotors, pads, calipers, hoses, bearings, and seals on today...Another $182 out of my pocket LOL. So I'm gonna keep it for awhile :D

Mobil 1 is a Great oil. use it but make sure you break it in with Rotella First and make sure to use a good oil filter each time. I like Wix or Motorcraft. I will not use Fram I have had them to to collapse on me. When you change to syn oil just follow what they recommend for time intervals between changes they Vary. Like Royal Purple they say to change oil filters every 3,000 miles and add fresh RP oil to fill it back up which would be about a quart. then change oil and filters at 10,000 miles.

It is on their website. Also look up Mobile 1 Oil they were one of the first with syn oil and is more reasonable in price.

couldnt agree more, i use it in all my vehicles i own or have owned

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Sooooooooo fellas...now that it's starting to warm up some...anybody have any plans or done anything to their rigs????

76f350spercamprspeal

Known By all-*-76SCS-*-
Sooooooooo fellas...now that it's starting to warm up some...anybody have any plans or done anything to their rigs????

Yeah,I gots one...
Drive it!smilieneenar :nana:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^

Oh you know, put those shiny, tubular thingys on my the engine (what are they called again :rofl:)YelloThumbUp .

One problem though, it's only 31 right now.

76f350spercamprspeal

Known By all-*-76SCS-*-
It's about time you got your permit isn't it?????? BTW...got your IM's but I was uber busy this weekend...and I never put up an away.

Who says I need one to drive?:nana: smilieneenar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles