Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

General Dentside Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
BTW, Nice to see that you survived the weekend Ben.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Oh you know, put those shiny, tubular thingys on my the engine (what are they called again :rofl:)YelloThumbUp .

One problem though, it's only 31 right now.

Ummmmmm...Bite me. Guess I'll just have to buy my own...although I haven't bought the headers yet for the Bronco...and I'm debating on going with Sandies or going with Hooker Super Comp...any suggestions????

Who says I need one to drive?:nana: smilieneenar

I'd imagine the state of California

BTW, Nice to see that you survived the weekend Ben.

Phew...trust me...the beaver season was open longer than I thought it would be...and I'm worn out from all that hunting. Last night though...not being a drinker, that Bacardi 151 almost whipped my azz...

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
I'm debating on going with Sandies or going with Hooker Super Comp...any suggestions????

...not being a drinker, that Bacardi 151 almost whipped my azz...

The biggest reason that I went with the Sandies is the location of the collectors. I'm pretty sure that every long tube header dumps straight into the t-case x-member on the 4x's. So you either have to find a great muffler guy that can get both pipes over the x-member (I did, but there's got to be some restriction due to a few 90 degree bends), or have the passenger side go under the x-memeber, which to me just looks like crap.

I'm a Bacardi guy but I've never tried the 151. It seems as though your keyboard skills really suffer while you drinking. :beer:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
The biggest reason that I went with the Sandies is the location of the collectors. I'm pretty sure that every long tube header dumps straight into the t-case x-member on the 4x's. So you either have to find a great muffler guy that can get both pipes over the x-member (I did, but there's got to be some restriction due to a few 90 degree bends), or have the passenger side go under the x-memeber, which to me just looks like crap.:

I knew there was a clearance issue with the pre 77.5's...didn't know I'd have an issue with a 79...maybe I'll just stick with what I know works.

I'm a Bacardi guy but I've never tried the 151. It seems as though your keyboard skills really suffer while you drinking. :beer:

Definitely...I can count on one hand the amount I drink through the year...and I usually go big when I do...so I'm completely gone due to lack of tolerance and due to intensity of alcohol. Luckily, I don't seem to suffer from hang overs though.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Put my motor in when it comes in.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Pull the 390 in the 76 and drop the 352 back in. Take all my crap off that I dont want to be sold with the truck and try to sell it. Pull the motor in the 85 check and probly replace the clutch. Rebuild the other 390 thats in the garage. Pull 360 out of 72 and put in garage. Put newly rebuilt 390 in 72. Finish the drivetrain work on the Jeep. Fix body for the Jeep. Put Jeep back together. Put new wirin harness in Jeep. Get new military tires for Jeep.

Pull the 390 in the 76 and drop the 352 back in. Take all my crap off that I dont want to be sold with the truck and try to sell it. Pull the motor in the 85 check and probly replace the clutch. Rebuild the other 390 thats in the garage. Pull 360 out of 72 and put in garage. Put newly rebuilt 390 in 72. Finish the drivetrain work on the Jeep. Fix body for the Jeep. Put Jeep back together. Put new wirin harness in Jeep. Get new military tires for Jeep.

Too bad you didn't have any extra time to actualy get something done smilieneenar

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Too bad you didn't have any extra time to actualy get something done smilieneenar

Yeah...dan is extremely lazy...pretty sure all he does is take pics of his rigs and claims he works on them...hahahaha.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I plan on trying to get my project wrapped up. My bed is done so all I need to do is find time on driving to Nebraska to get the damn thing and get it on. Then drive it to see what kind of gremlins I need to fix. It's only been 3 1/2 years since I started this project.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yeah just keep tellin yourself that. I got quite a bit done this weekend.

Yeah...I will, makes me feel better that I can't work on mine as often as you...so if I say other guys are just sitting on their thumbs too, I don't feel as guilty.

I plan on trying to get my project wrapped up. My bed is done so all I need to do is find time on driving to Nebraska to get the damn thing and get it on. Then drive it to see what kind of gremlins I need to fix. It's only been 3 1/2 years since I started this project.

And the count down has started...haha. So you really think you're in the closing months of getting this thing done Buck? I think I just messed my shorts...and I'm so excited to see this thing done, I just got that butterfly feeling in my stomach like a girl on prom night...haha.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
And the count down has started...haha. So you really think you're in the closing months of getting this thing done Buck? I think I just messed my shorts...and I'm so excited to see this thing done, I just got that butterfly feeling in my stomach like a girl on prom night...haha.

That's the plan Ben. I tell ya what. The excitement of just being able to drive it down the road is kinda overwhelming and scary in a way. Once I get the bed and rear bumper on and the taillights all wired up, it's ready to go on a drive. I'm going to be very nervous taking it on it's first road trip. I've never driven the truck more than a hundred feet since I got it. So, I'm hoping by the end of May it'll be ready to go.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Anybody here done...or thought about doing a gear driven timing set up instead of the chain driven setup??????

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
I thought about it. My dads buddy did it to a guys car he fixed and the guy brought it back complainin that it was too noisey.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yeah I heard they they can be a bit on the noisy side with some whining.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
I personally wouldnt do it just cause theres more stuff to break than a good double roller. I got a double roller on my 390 and it works great.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I've seen those kits and always thought it looked like a good idea, but the noise would keep me away from doing it just because I would think something was wrong.

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
A buddy of mine used to have the timing gears in an old Chevy with a built 350. You could hear the gears over the Cherry Bombs--no joke. I didn't care for it. It did get a lot of attention going through town--probably because people thought it was goind to blow up!

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
My engine just arrived!! :jumping: :nana: :nana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts