Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

General Dentside Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
You can only swap an idiot light cluster for an idiot light cluster, and a full gauge cluster for a full gauge cluster. Other than that yes 73-79 clusters are interchangable. Van clusters beyond 79 will work, just not sure till what year.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
but there are some wiring adjustments that need to be made for the 100mph speedo. I asked in a thread a little while ago, I'll do some digging and see if I can't pull it up. But yes, it is possible...Lee (UNRULEE) swapped his 85mph speedo out of his 79 with a 100mph speedo.

Simple swap, if you can manage to run a screwdriver and a nut driver, it's a piece of cake. Nothing to mod, I even managed to set the odometer the same, that even wasn't that bad once I looked at it.

Idiot light to idiot light thank you. Mine has the lights and the one I was looking at had gauges.

I believe the casing is the same...but there are some wiring adjustments that need to be made for the 100mph speedo. I asked in a thread a little while ago, I'll do some digging and see if I can't pull it up. But yes, it is possible...Lee (UNRULEE) swapped his 85mph speedo out of his 79 with a 100mph speedo.

why would that be ?

speedos are mechanical not electronic

There is no difference in mounting or operation

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
why would that be ?

speedos are mechanical not electronic

There is no difference in mounting or operation

Musta misunderstood something when I asked that question then...I thought there was something different with guages. Oh well...good thing you guys are here to fix my mistakes.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
If you can find a cluster out of a Econoline, they have the better plastic that won't crumble. And as D said, no difference in speedos. You can use the 80, 85, or 100mph. It's just the gauges and idiot lights that matter. But you can swap the back for either or.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...oh my frickin God...Just saw this over on FSB...you remember this guy:

DUMBASS.jpg

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...oh my frickin God...Just saw this over on FSB...you remember this guy:
QUOTE]

Just spit coffee all over the computer. That is friggin HILARIOUS!!

I want to print that out and hang it my Man Cave!

So, who made the motivational poster anyway?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
That is too funny.

Yeah...I thought you guys that remembered it would get a kick out of it.

Just spit coffee all over the computer. That is friggin HILARIOUS!!

I want to print that out and hang it my Man Cave!

So, who made the motivational poster anyway?

Glad you had a good laugh...but is your computer ok????? HAHHAA. It was posted by 79time...I think he's a member here, 'over there', 7879blueoval, and a couple other places. He's the guy that has the bluish 79 4 door bronco.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Great Ben,.. but they are $25 more than the ones I got .....

Yeah Yeah...rub it in...I'll take what I can get. Is it me, or does it look like they're getting expensive again. A quick look on ebay, showed partial sets (missing 1 or 2 volumes) with bids upwards of $135

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
If I recall, the set I got was on eBay for $75?... I don't remember since I didn't pay for them myself, but yes, it does seem like they are getting expensive again. Sorta goes in waves. Cheap for a while, they expensive again.
Dak

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
If I recall, the set I got was on eBay for $75?... I don't remember since I didn't pay for them myself, but yes, it does seem like they are getting expensive again. Sorta goes in waves. Cheap for a while, they expensive again.
Dak

Yeah...they were $75...I remember cuz I was gonna buy them, but then you started a thread and said you had them...went and checked and the auction was over...I was about 2 hours late. If they are on the rise...I have a couple random manuals, that are like 3rd or 4th backups, that aren't in a set...maybe I oughta jump on this wave before it crashes again. As a matter of fact...had a buddy just give me his trashed manuals a few days ago...and some '78 literature.

HMMMMM.I want $1,000,000.00 for my 77 set now:)

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Ouch D...if they're mint...and you can drop that below the 3 digit mark...you might be able to talk me into adding that to the list too.

oh no they are used with the text rubbed off some pages.

this is what i feel makes them worth more........they are experienced;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts