Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

DNFXDLI's 79 F150 Build Part1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Thanks Shaun!. The front slip joint on my truck seems ok...the rear one has a it of slop though. I figure that both will be changed anyway while it is all apart.
The transfer case shafts seem good as well, so the rebuild (I hope) will be minimal.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Why not? All you need is a flashlight, it's big and round should be easy to find.

Because I'm too lazy to walk out to the shop too. I'll do it tomorrow after the locksmith gets done with my keys.

With the way my spindles looked, I definitely want to check the d-shaft cause lord knows what my friend did to it too.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
man i wish i had the room to tear my bronc completely apart like you're doing. it just makes things so much easier to access and work on.

subscribed smiliepopcorn

There is no way I would have attempted this without a place to do it in.

fatdan460

BANNED IN MOST PLACES
There is no way I would have attempted this without a place to do it in.

my dad has some property with a few garages on it that i could use, but it's way out in the boonies, and i'd have to bring out all my tools and get the power turned on. thought about it, but the money's not there to do it right now.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
my dad has some property with a few garages on it that i could use, but it's way out in the boonies, and i'd have to bring out all my tools and get the power turned on. thought about it, but the money's not there to do it right now.

Dan when times get better it will happen.

fatdan460

BANNED IN MOST PLACES
Dan when times get better it will happen.

i was actually supposed to move into that property. nice chunk of land in the middle of nowhere........... with the biggest pos house in the world on it. too much work for me to make it work for right now. i can still get the property off my dad for damnnear free, and eventually will. probably demolish the house and find a trailer or modular home to put out there. don't need much of a house for our family. we don't like big houses, they feel empty.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

That's what ground my project to a halt for the last while...wasn't comfortable dropping money while work was spotty...still is spotty but I have to get on with it.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Hey Duncan, are you talking about this seat?

f1dc0cdaf9858976a081f4a.jpg

If so, you're gonna probably have to have one recovered. I've never seen a Blue one in my life.

I don't suppose you know if all the center consoles are black do you?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I don't suppose you know if all the center consoles are black do you?

I can answer that with a no. The red seats I had, had red consoles. That being said, I'm thinking color choices are extremely limited. All I've seen on tan and grey seats are black consoles. I wanna say blue seats had blue consoles as well.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I can answer that with a no. The red seats I had, had red consoles. That being said, I'm thinking color choices are extremely limited. All I've seen on tan and grey seats are black consoles. I wanna say blue seats had blue consoles as well.

Thinking about it blue on blue would be ideal, but I would be ok the a black console and recovering the seats blue. Gonna have to do some investigating about the later model (post 97) seats. Power would be nice, but in that respect I'm not fussy.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Ben, have you ever seen blue seats in that style?

I think they're the rarest color. From what I've seen, the blue interior was more widely used in the XL trucks, than the XLT's. Alot of those seats seem to be in EB's too, in which blue was never offered.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I've seen the blue seats in a couple gen 9 supercabs...and I wanna say someone over on FSB has them up front in his Bronco...but I can't remember who.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles