Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

DNFXDLI's 79 F150 Build Part1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
More progress.

Getting ready to remove transfer case:

79_Truck_0014.JPG

Split apart...forgot how heavy those 205's are. Splines all looked good and no shavings anywhere:

79_Truck_0021.JPG

Cleaned off the tag...looks original:

79_Truck_0073.JPG

The fold up option on the hoist was well worth it, takes up way less space:

79_Truck_0142.JPG

Floor etc. all cleaned up ready for the next step:

79_Truck_0221.JPG

Pile of crap for the dump run in the next few days:

79_Truck_0232.JPG

79_Truck_0244.JPG

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
If I can get to the dump by the weekend I figure I should be able to get the box off. I have to get that Toyota listed and sold, it's taking up needed room.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
If I can get to the dump by the weekend I figure I should be able to get the box off. I have to get that Toyota listed and sold, it's taking up needed room.

Man, that looks like a lot of work... I envy your guys' mechanical savvy.....

Oh yeah, I'll give you $50 for that little toy of yours. smilietease

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Man, that looks like a lot of work... I envy your guys' mechanical savvy.....

Oh yeah, I'll give you $50 for that little toy of yours. smilietease

It's taking longer and costing more than I thought...the way it goes with these things! Add 2 zeros to the $50 and it is yours :D.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
It's taking longer and costing more than I thought...the way it goes with these things! Add 2 zeros to the $50 and it is yours :D.

$50.00.....ok fine....I'll take it! :rofl:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
$50.00.....ok fine....I'll take it! :rofl:

Guess I should have been more clear :D
I really don't want to get rid of it just yet, but I'm out of space.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Guess I should have been more clear :D
I really don't want to get rid of it just yet, but I'm out of space.

Can't you just store it outside while you're using the garage for your rebuild?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Can't you just store it outside while you're using the garage for your rebuild?

Not really...front driveway is full and so is that garage. I suppose I could put it in storage but that will be a monthly cost. I'm toying with the idea of another car lift, but the bottom line is it would be wiser just to sell it.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Not really...front driveway is full and so is that garage. I suppose I could put it in storage but that will be a monthly cost. I'm toying with the idea of another car lift, but the bottom line is it would be wiser just to sell it.

Ahhhh....gotcha. smiliegitrdone

LEB Paul

I like Broncos
I'm having a hard time remembering, but my dad had a late 80s F250 XLT with a blue seat and interior, but I'm not sure if it was a bench or the split like you're talking about. Also a F150 of the same era which had the same exterior blue/white two tone and same blue interior, power locks and fancy stuff like that too.

Also, Duncan, I'm not sure how your yard is setup, but there has to be some place in the yard you could park that thing. Maybe along side the garage or in a back corner of the yard or something, to get it out of the way...

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I'm having a hard time remembering, but my dad had a late 80s F250 XLT with a blue seat and interior, but I'm not sure if it was a bench or the split like you're talking about. Also a F150 of the same era which had the same exterior blue/white two tone and same blue interior, power locks and fancy stuff like that too.

Also, Duncan, I'm not sure how your yard is setup, but there has to be some place in the yard you could park that thing. Maybe along side the garage or in a back corner of the yard or something, to get it out of the way...

Thanks for the info on the seat...I have yard space, but it would entail fence removal which I really don't want to do. There is a parking pad going in the back yard, but due to how much work it is (retaining walls, frost footings, cost) it just didn't happen this year. I should just really sell it...free up the space and get some money out of it.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Good news!!..just got off the phone with the body shop, the owner is coming over in an hour or two to look at the truck. He wants to take it and work on it over the winter and have it ready for spring.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
That's good news...did you ever get over that frame misalignment or are you gonna have him work on straightening that too?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
That's good news...did you ever get over that frame misalignment or are you gonna have him work on straightening that too?

I talked to him on the phone about it and they will check everything..and if it is out, it will be fixed. I'm actually getting excited about this again!..Once I talk with him, I will report back the findings here :D

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Body shop guys just left, they spent a good hour going over things and looking.
Doesn't sound like the truck has been hit, that frame weld could have been from a rock or some other road shenanigan...some guys here did suggest that.
It is all original paint, sounds like they want to POR15 under the cab and then paint it the body color, so if the paint does chip, it shouldn't go through the POR15. They were floored at the condition of the truck smilieFordlogo .
Will go with bedliner in the box color matched (as close as possible) to the body color. Should have a good idea of the cost tomorrow..

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Body shop guys just left, they spent a good hour going over things and looking.
Doesn't sound like the truck has been hit, that frame weld could have been from a rock or some other road shenanigan...some guys here did suggest that.
It is all original paint, sounds like they want to POR15 under the cab and then paint it the body color, so if the paint does chip, it shouldn't go through the POR15. They were floored at the condition of the truck smilieFordlogo .
Will go with bedliner in the box color matched (as close as possible) to the body color. Should have a good idea of the cost tomorrow..

Does POR 15 really work? I have seen a lot of complaints at other websites. I don't know if the people put it on incorrectly or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles