Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

DNFXDLI's 79 F150 Build Part 2

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
Had a good talk with a fellow today and it sounds like they have everything I will need. The tool doesn't have to be as big as the one I looked at, it seems they go in sizes according to the rivet diameter.
I willl be ordering it up in the next day or two once we get a couple of other things worked out.

Haven't you learned anything from your wife yet! Ask her, she will tell you that you can never have to big of a tool. smilietease

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Spent the day grinding/filling/grinding the factory frame welds, quite time consuming but should look real nice once powdercoated.

79_Truck_00118.JPG

79_Truck_00217.JPG

79_Truck_00310.JPG

79_Truck_00419.JPG

79_Truck_00517.JPG

79_Truck_00618.JPG

79_Truck_00716.JPG

79_Truck_00819.JPG

79_Truck_00916.JPG

79_Truck_01018.JPG

79_Truck_01115.JPG

79_Truck_01214.JPG

79_Truck_01313.JPG

79_Truck_01416.JPG

79_Truck_0159.JPG

79_Truck_01612.JPG

79_Truck_01711.JPG

79_Truck_01814.JPG

79_Truck_01911.JPG

79_Truck_0206.JPG

79_Truck_0219.JPG

79_Truck_02210.JPG

79_Truck_02311.JPG

79_Truck_02414.JPG

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
It is a lot of work...hopefully the end result will be worth it.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I will say, I'm amazed at the work you are doing. If this isn't the kind of build that should be published in every restoration, hot rod, 4x4, etc magazine, I'm not sure what is. Your truck is truely going to be a museum quality build that could easily be put at the Ford Headquarters on a show room floor. This is the most anticipated build thread I have read. Problem is, it's respectively taking too long and we all can't wait til the final product.

I will say, I'm amazed at the work you are doing. If this isn't the kind of build that should be published in every restoration, hot rod, 4x4, etc magazine, I'm not sure what is. Your truck is truely going to be a museum quality build that could easily be put at the Ford Headquarters on a show room floor. This is the most anticipated build thread I have read. Problem is, it's respectively taking too long and we all can't wait til the final product.

It sure wouldn't make for one of those TV shows that build a car in a couple days.:)

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Thanks dudes..I know it's taking a long time but the last thing I want to do is make it a "work" project...and it is also helping amass a pile of NOS stuff.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Finally got the riveting tool(s) sorted out and ordered today. Will be getting 2 units one is a standard hot riveter and one is an offset for getting in tight spaces.
Seems a panhead tool is tough to come by so I will be taking a standard flat tool and getting it machined.
Guess a set of torches is on the list now.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Finally got the riveting tool(s) sorted out and ordered today. Will be getting 2 units one is a standard hot riveter and one is an offset for getting in tight spaces.
Seems a panhead tool is tough to come by so I will be taking a standard flat tool and getting it machined.
Guess a set of torches is on the list now.

Awesome. Looking forward to the work you do with those rivets.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Got the riveters, looks like I will have to get another flat tool and get it machined to match the factory rivets.
Talked with the guy doing the bodywork/paint and he will bring his torch to my place and we will work on them here.
Only snag now might be the cfm requirement that the tools need, but hopefully with intermittant use my compressor will work...tool needs 35cfm...I have 15 available.
The shanks are over an inch diameter!

riveter_031.JPG

Nothing worse than the Pffttt Pftttt sound

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Looks straightforward but I will practice first

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts