Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > F-Series > Generations 8-9

Generations 8-9 1987-1996 F150 + 1987-1997 F250, F350

Old 07-01-2021, 06:07 AM
don't play well w others

dustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond repute
351 Windsor went roller cam in April 1993. (1994 model year)
You wouldn't be able to tell by valve cover or timing chain. You would have to actually see inside the valley where the lifters sit.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

If I keep getting banned from forums, and warned on Facebook, pretty soon I'll learn to behave
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2021, 06:45 AM

fordgirl is on a distinguished road
Well damn. I went through this last time and my notes say I installed a steel gear distributor for a 1996. The only company that sells a steel one for my year is Holley, blows my mind.
Old 07-11-2021, 05:52 PM

A new steel gear MSD distributor is in! A possibly oddity is that all the videos I watched had the rotor pointing to a spark plug when the cap was removed. My rotor was always pointing between spark plugs, is that an issue or just the chance?

Timing was originally at 12 degs BTDC and 8 degs BTDC with spout removed. After installing the new distributor (in what I thought was the same orientation) resulted in 34 degs BTDC. So I brought it back to what I think is the standard timing of 16 degs BTDC and 10 degs BTDC with spout removed.

Other than that, we will see how she drives tomorrow!
Old 07-11-2021, 06:53 PM
don't play well w others

dustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond repute
I usually the a 15/16 deep socket and turn the damper bolt to center it up. As long as you got it close it will be fine.

If I keep getting banned from forums, and warned on Facebook, pretty soon I'll learn to behave
Old 07-13-2021, 07:17 PM

2 days of driving without stalling!! I think I’ll wait a week to call it good, but trending in the right direction!
Old 07-13-2021, 08:41 PM
don't play well w others

Sounds like you have found your fix!
Fantastic

Old 07-13-2021, 09:40 PM
Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond repute
Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by john112deere
I think the lens of time is required to differentiate between the real milestones, and the detours along the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxlh View Post
Strippers, ammo and SKS, wow, that is almost sig worthy!!
Old 07-17-2021, 06:17 PM

Still running good (a little Shakey at idle, but no stalls). No new engine codes, still carrying the 211 CM, so I’ll assume dusty is right about the knocking (because he usually is).

Looks like I may have picked up a cylinder/injector issue so I’ll start a new thread.

Thanks for the help!
Old 07-17-2021, 06:23 PM
don't play well w others

Your going to make me open the laptop......

Old 07-17-2021, 06:28 PM
don't play well w others

Laptop open, I guess you haven't set up the new thread yet.

I'll check back later