Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Stalls while driving and then hard crank no start

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
351 Windsor went roller cam in April 1993. (1994 model year)
You wouldn't be able to tell by valve cover or timing chain. You would have to actually see inside the valley where the lifters sit.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Well damn. I went through this last time and my notes say I installed a steel gear distributor for a 1996. The only company that sells a steel one for my year is Holley, blows my mind.

A new steel gear MSD distributor is in! A possibly oddity is that all the videos I watched had the rotor pointing to a spark plug when the cap was removed. My rotor was always pointing between spark plugs, is that an issue or just the chance?

Timing was originally at 12 degs BTDC and 8 degs BTDC with spout removed. After installing the new distributor (in what I thought was the same orientation) resulted in 34 degs BTDC. So I brought it back to what I think is the standard timing of 16 degs BTDC and 10 degs BTDC with spout removed.

Other than that, we will see how she drives tomorrow!

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
I usually the a 15/16 deep socket and turn the damper bolt to center it up. As long as you got it close it will be fine.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Sounds like you have found your fix!
Fantastic

Still running good (a little Shakey at idle, but no stalls). No new engine codes, still carrying the 211 CM, so I’ll assume dusty is right about the knocking (because he usually is).

Looks like I may have picked up a cylinder/injector issue so I’ll start a new thread.

Thanks for the help!

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Your going to make me open the laptop......

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Laptop open, I guess you haven't set up the new thread yet.

I'll check back later

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts