Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > F-Series > Generations 8-9

Generations 8-9 1987-1996 F150 + 1987-1997 F250, F350

Old 03-15-2021, 06:04 AM
don't play well w others

dustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond repute
Ooooooo. And I like those clamps!!!!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

If I keep getting banned from forums, and warned on Facebook, pretty soon I'll learn to behave
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2021, 08:07 AM

cjfisher will become famous soon enoughcjfisher will become famous soon enough
Charlie - the clamps are made by Kant Twist. They are available in a few different sizes up to 6 inch. You can get them at travers.com or the ripoff site - mscdirect.com. I use them to hold material while machining.

Cj
Old 03-15-2021, 08:46 AM
don't play well w others

dustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond repute
I'm going to buy a couple for trial purposes. I have the old skool antique wooden ones, and the c clamps. Also long snout vice grips. I'm betting those hold like nothing else.

If I keep getting banned from forums, and warned on Facebook, pretty soon I'll learn to behave
Old 03-15-2021, 10:20 PM

So the intercooler piping from the 99+ trucks doesn't exact fit... so back to the old cut and weld trick. Cool side:
Cut 2 cool side.jpg
Hot side cuts. Had to add some sections of pipe.
Cuts Hot side.jpg
The core support had some existing holes that lined up nicely with with the intercooler so I machined some brackets for the upper support.
Top brackets.jpg
And made mounts for the lower support as well.
Lower mounts.jpg
These required drilling holes in the lower core support to mount.
Old 03-16-2021, 10:08 PM

Another day another post. Sorry - I was in the thick of the install and didn't take as many pictures as I should have. I was putting the intercooler in as the city was adding curb, gutter and sidewalk to the front of the house. I was under a bit a of a dead line to get the intercooler in and the truck moved before the construction crews poured the entry apron. The water pump was still not installed yet either. So with the mounts made installed the intercooler for the final time.
Intercooler installed.jpg
Piping installed.
Intercooler piping done.jpg
Grill mostly put back together.
Almost back together.jpg
While I was at it I figured it was time to put new battery cables in. The thicker wire is 4/0 and goes down to the starter, the slightly thinner stuff is 2/0 and is the cable that goes between the 2 batteries.
Wiring.jpg
The new wiring all hooked up.
Battery cables.jpg
By the time I had all the wiring done I only had the evening to get the truck moved or it would have been stuck for a week while the concrete hardened. I filled it up with distilled water and drove it out. Ran two more flushes through it before pouring in coolant. I think it was around 11:30 pm when I finally finished that night. Whewwww!
Old 04-15-2021, 07:39 PM
Texas Chapter member

Jasperrc has much to be proud ofJasperrc has much to be proud ofJasperrc has much to be proud ofJasperrc has much to be proud ofJasperrc has much to be proud ofJasperrc has much to be proud ofJasperrc has much to be proud ofJasperrc has much to be proud of
Man, looks good!

'77 F100 Flareside

"If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway."
Old 04-15-2021, 08:16 PM

68F1006.4 is a splendid one to behold68F1006.4 is a splendid one to behold68F1006.4 is a splendid one to behold68F1006.4 is a splendid one to behold68F1006.4 is a splendid one to behold68F1006.4 is a splendid one to behold68F1006.4 is a splendid one to behold
Great looking work, nothing like a scramble under the gun to get stuff done!
Old 04-16-2021, 10:02 AM

Thanks Jasperrc and 68F100,

It was a scramble that last day. And there are still a few loose ends. I need to upgrade the negative/ground wires to the batteries. I'd also like to upsize and reroute the positive wire coming off the alternator to the other battery. Now that warmer weather is mostly here I can get started. I'm looking at a KC turbo DIY balanced turbine/compresser wheel upgrade this summer as well. I'm thinking I'll go with a 1.00 A/R turbine housing.

As a side note: I'll have 250k miles on the truck on my drive home from work today.