Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What did you do to your Dent today

Status
Not open for further replies.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Do you plan on spraying it out with some cleaner before reassembling ?

Yea, sprayed it all out with some brake cleaner rotating all the gears. Let it drain over night and then I will spray it down again. I have to sandblast the axle cover and get it powder coated before I put it back together.

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
Today I had finally taken my Dent out of winter storage, and I had a rather nice drive, I felt that the drive this afternoon was rather therapeutic for me. Ah! Cruisin' in a sweet looking Dent side is therapy, and I was turning a few heads too. Dents are great eye candy.
smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo smiliegitrdone

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Today I had finally taken my Dent out of winter storage, and I had a rather nice drive, I felt that the drive this afternoon was rather therapeutic for me. Ah! Cruisin' in a sweet looking Dent side is therapy, and I was turning a few heads too. Dents are great eye candy.
smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo smiliegitrdone

Dang right it is.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I walked into the frame horn while unloading the other truck :icon_mecker:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
I had new carpeting put in my Dent today, to replace a well worn 36 year old original, and it looks and smells like a new truck, all I have left to do is new door weather stripping, a new glovebox bezel, and some other little odds and ends, Ah! The small details, thank goodness for junk yards, eBay, and the LMC Truck catalog, as well as the local Ford dealer, friends that give you parts out of cars that they're junking, and the local Jeep dealer.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
Gauges are always better than idiot lights any day, for a gauge woul give you an early warning and give you a chance to shut it down before any damage is done, gauges save time, money, and engines.

Gauges are always better than idiot lights any day, for a gauge woul give you an early warning and give you a chance to shut it down before any damage is done, gauges save time, money, and engines.

Totally agree. You usually know something's wrong long before those idiot lights come on, they're almost useless in my opinion.

Took the truck for a quick stroll and added a 78 Indiana truck plate on the front bumper. Found it at a flea market for $1

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
I took my truck for a little ride today, and stopped at Home Depot to pick up some landscape timbers for a project at home, those long box Dents certainly come in handy periodically, I was able to 14 eight foot landscape timbers in the bed and I was able to close the tailgate and not have to secure or flag my load, and it was GREAT! And rather therapeutic as well I consider cruisin' in a classic Dent side Ford as therapy, like riding a Harley Davidson.
smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
I took the truck to a friend who is a mechanic this morning and I had under dash courtesy lights put in, it looks like a factory install, although the donor vehicle was an early 90's Jeep Grand Cherokee. Basically a Mopar had donated them.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Not really doing anything to my 77, but I had my brother email me some pics of a truck I might buy from him and saw my 77 in the background in storage. Dang, I am missing it.

35761b25bc5fd71e69daa538d2761803_zpscc7ca18b.jpg

630242ef111b3335c14adddc5b5544e9_zpsda362929.jpg

Btw, truck I might buy is a 2001 F350 V10 2wd long bed crewcab. Only 110000 miles and in immaculate shape.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Looks nice. That should easily take up a parking spot. :D

Oh I know. I want a short bed, but the way he treats his trucks and the shape it is in, I don't know if I can pass it up for what he wants. The 75 was supposed to the camper puller and what not but the wife don't really care to ride in the old truck for very long and says we need something better for long trips. I know...but if it gets me another truck, how can I say no. We will see. If I get that one, than the 75 will have to be my toy also. Can't have too many toys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles