Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What did you do to your Dent today

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
That would make a comfortable towing truck Buck.

This is a heck of a thread here....deja-vu from the old days....
Its a reminder of whats to come when I do all of my bushings...:)

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
This is a heck of a thread here....deja-vu from the old days....
Its a reminder of whats to come when I do all of my bushings...:)

These threads are great. I am currently gathering parts to redo my brakes on my 75. New rears along with hardware and new fronts including calipers. In the next couple weeks I am hoping to get that done.

Last edited:
These threads are great. I am currently gathering parts to redo my brakes on my 75. New rears along with hardware and new fronts including calipers. In the next couple weeks I am hoping to get that done.

Good luck!

Im going to wait an do my brakes for last..If all else fails..Im going
down with it!.....:guns:

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
I had driven my truck today to church this morning, and then I had to pick up a few things at Home Depot and at Lowes to work on a couple of projects at home, but the warm spring weather was reason enough to go for a nice therapeutic little cruise in a sweet looking Dent side, while I was at it I was turning a few heads. Ah!! Dents make great eye candy too. But the only downer was that I got the Stink Eye from somesmilieFordlogo green weenie driving a Chevy Volt for not being green, but I think that he was jealous because he was stuck driving the Obama mobile, instead of a sweet looking classic Dent side truck. Dent side 150 Chevy Volt 0.

smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Shoot...I can't wait to be able to turn the key and drive my rigs any where. They've all been in different states of tear down or perpetual repair for a while now...and I'm getting sick of it. This spring weather and seeing everyone cruising in their rigs might be the motivation I need to wrap everything up.

I just pulled everything that was stored in the bed and underneath, and put it somewhere else.:headbang: I've got to much shit.
It'll be coming out of the garage someday soon. I've gotta let it down from the jack stands first.

edit: just took it off the jack stands

Last edited:

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
I crises my Dent to my Computer Science class at Cornell University, this afternoon and back home for a nice therapeutic ride, or therapy as I like to say
smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Shoot...I can't wait to be able to turn the key and drive my rigs any where. They've all been in different states of tear down or perpetual repair for a while now...and I'm getting sick of it. This spring weather and seeing everyone cruising in their rigs might be the motivation I need to wrap everything up.

At least get one done so you can enjoy cruising while you work on the other. Double the therapy...cruising and wrenching

I just pulled everything that was stored in the bed and underneath, and put it somewhere else.:headbang: I've got to much FTF.
It'll be coming out of the garage someday soon. I've gotta let it down from the jack stands first.

edit: just took it off the jack stands

The bed makes a nice winter storage shed. I store under my trucks all the time amend I damn near forget to take it out before I back up.

I crises my Dent to my Computer Science class at Cornell University, this afternoon and back home for a nice therapeutic ride, or therapy as I like to say
smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo

Ahhhh...therapy. That would be so cool to pull up outside of college with dent.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
So I bought a '3 month old' Holley 670 Truck Avenger...this thing has been giving me fits. Not because I can't tune/rebuild a carb...but because of the condition I was told it was in when I bought it. 'Bolt on and go'...from a member on another forum. Body of the carb looked good, tossed it on the Bronco...crud and sludge just backed up out the vent tube. No biggie, crack it open, nothing but sludge and rust...clean it out all nice and purdy like. Put it back on, still not running right...apparently I missed the crack in the float...so now I'm waiting on that. Also went ahead and ordered a couple street avenger rebuild kits for the one coming off the Bronco and going on to Red as well as the one coming off Red.

Well...as things would turn out...the doggon TA continued giving me fits after I replaced the floats. I did some reading that the first gen of these carbs had bowl/float/check valve issues, and there was an actual unofficial recall where if you had a 90670-1 carb, they'd let you send it in and they'd replace with 90670-2 second gen carb. My carb falls in that first gen, but no receipts, who knows how old it is, and I'm the second owner. So I tore it apart again, bastardized some spare street avenger bowls I had and baddabing baddaboom, beautiful. Thing idles smooth as glass, barely even have to bump the key to fire. However, now it's battling an accelerator pump issue at shift points and I'm not pleased with the stock 4.5 power valves I got in the kits, so I'll be bumping up to 6.5...which is about right, I was pulling 13-14hg of vacuum while tuning last night.

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
Shoot I had the coolest truck on campus, I certainly stood out amongst the Bavarian Milk Wagons and Mercedes Benzes. I was turning quite a few heads while I was cruisin' across the Cornell University campus being cool in my Dent.
Dents not your typical student ride.
'owned' :flag: :flag: :flag:

ripped out the nasty carpet that was in it and started scraping the surface rust off and found the rust that went all the way through. theres a bout 6 or 7 holes that are about as big around as a pencil and one thats about 1/2 inch wide by 1.5 inches long. easy fixes though. i put a bunch of primer on them and around them to keep it from spreading or at least try so i can fix it when i get a welder.

also put spray bed liner along the bottom of the truck, like the first 4 inches up the doors and bed

ripped out the nasty carpet that was in it and started scraping the surface rust off and found the rust that went all the way through. theres a bout 6 or 7 holes that are about as big around as a pencil and one thats about 1/2 inch wide by 1.5 inches long. easy fixes though. i put a bunch of primer on them and around them to keep it from spreading or at least try so i can fix it when i get a welder.

also put spray bed liner along the bottom of the truck, like the first 4 inches up the doors and bed

YelloThumbUp ....Its about time you start given some love to the truck.

That was the first part that I started in was the inside cab...hell,I dont
ride on the outside....First I wanta feel good while Im driven...:pimp:
Wanta feel good even after I break down....:rolling laugh:

Great to hear someone doing some work on their rides,Its a shame to
let these awsome trucks die....YelloThumbUp

put the seat back in today, then moved to the passenger side to check for holes. i'm thinking i might just do new floor pans or something...

pulled the old winch bumper out today as well. going to have some plating priceed tomorrow and will get it finished up next week minus the paint and get it on the truck. running two offroad lights on it and the 4 inch fog lights i originally planned. probably going to paint it with a couple layers of rust stop primer and then spray bed liner.

what else? got that tool box a month ago from my dad its on and being used, i also wired two brand new speakers into the doors. still rocking the old am/fm radio. works good other than no antenna.

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
Tyler

Check out the auto parts stores like Autozone or Advance Auto for a radio antenna, they're rather reasonable, whether you need the whole antenna, or just the mast, I had gotten an antenna mast for my mom's 2004 Chrysler Town and Country minivan for about $10. Another place you might check is.the local junkyard for an antenna, which will improve your radio reception, and you just might find other parts that you might need or want too, or even just to grab a hard to find part as well, so that you'll have a spare one if you need it.
:flag:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts