Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What did you do to your Dent today

Status
Not open for further replies.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
:( :( :( :(

Drove mine down to the forest tonight for some quiet time. Full moon with about an inch of snow. I was able to drive without headlights. Built a fire and basked in the quietness, other than some coyotes.

Had a couple of beers, also. I've been rejuvenated.

Man....that sounds like a little bit of heaven there....I'm envious....very nice!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Same here. I'd have to drive 2-300 miles to do that.

Yeah, I wouldn't have to drive that far, but with the kiddos, it's tough to much anything these days....as soon as they're older, things will change...it's the early phase right now of child rearing!

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Yeah, I wouldn't have to drive that far, but with the kiddos, it's tough to much anything these days....as soon as they're older, things will change...it's the early phase right now of child rearing!

Someday, Ken, it WILL be fun. My parents tried to expose us to lots of sights and sounds, which I remember fondly. It is also fun for us now, to hear the kids talk about fun things that happened while traveling in their younger years. Some of the things they tell, I'm glad I didn't know about.....

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
I drove my Dent to myCalculus class today, and after class I had went and put it to bed for its long winter's nap, Good Night, and I'll see you in the spring, and I am having a new radiator put in while it is in storage, for a friend has an auto repair shop right in the same area as my truck is stored

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Someday, Ken, it WILL be fun. My parents tried to expose us to lots of sights and sounds, which I remember fondly. It is also fun for us now, to hear the kids talk about fun things that happened while traveling in their younger years. Some of the things they tell, I'm glad I didn't know about.....

Mmmm....I truly, truly look forward to those days coming up soon! Thanks for giving me a glimpse of what's possible! :wavey:

Fathead have a favor to ask

First off Nice truck. I have a favor to ask. I am trying to convert my square lights to your style round lights. Seems that the older round buckets do not just mount right up seems to be a core support difference. There any way I could get you to pull the 2 screws on your light shell and take a few pics of the light bucket where it mounts to the rad support and post them here? Here mine(Blue) so much like them with the round headlights though.
993455_10201152062551139_1014359618_n.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
00x0x_ap_Mxkn_Nn_Zc_V_600x450.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
Just an fyi..it is the headlight bucket mounting brackets,along with the round buckets you will need to perform the swap..they should bolt up to the existing core support...

Theres massaging to do if you go early to late. I have 74-75 buckets brackets and they wont match the core support on the 79. I have all those parts.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
DD'ing the Bronco. The chick's Edge decided to blow apart a brake pad, so she's driving my Lincoln until I get some time to dig in. Driving in to work today it was raining, I suppose crusty old wipers aren't the best to use...passenger side snapped off and the driver's side wobbled the whole trip (set screw on that).

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Took the '78 to Billings this morning(130 miles). When I left this morning the outside temp was -22 deg. Truck started on the 3rd try(without the block heater).

The previous owner had a grill cover manufactured to fit over the grill. It was a professional job and looks very nice. With the cover on and completely zipped, the engine temp stayed @ 190 deg. It was -8 when I left to come home this afternoon, and the engine temp settled out @ 200 deg.
It did get kind of cold in the cab.

I love this truck!

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
Haven't worked since Thursday due to the extreme cold. With highs below zero you're kinda screwed if you can't plug the machines in at night :D

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Picture of the grill cover. I have no idea where or when it was made, or who made it. Make have to take it off tomorrow - temps are supposed to be in the teens.

DSCF27861.JPG

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
^^ A few snaps around the edge would snug that cover up tight. Like the big rigs.
Looks like your paint on the hood might need freshened up a little.

The fan clutch keeps the sides sucked in pretty good. The entire truck needs body work and a repaint! Never thought I would own a black vehicle until the wife bought this one for me.

Nice headlights Doug!

Hellas are the bomb! Might go LED at some point in time. Prices have dropped considerably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles