Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Welcome 1081!

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Brian B said:
You are Ryan...therefore you must be up to something.

Dangit... How'd you figure out the tail light was a diversion..?

I fixed it happily this morning. I think the written warning was a little overboard though.

Ryan

Last edited:

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
you shoulda seen this doofus walking up to me with the flashlight during the day. :rofl: Shining it at me in my face and whatnot. Had to turn on the O'Hanlon charm just to get a written warning rather than a fine.

Ryan

She Devil

Trucks are for GIRLS!
A house...
Karen after work:

6909SMILIE_burnout2.gif
:WooHoo:

thpolicecar.gif

:rofl: That made me laugh my butt off! Let's just hope that's me after work MINUS the big ticket. ;)

Hubby called me a few hours ago and said they repaved the whole parking lot while we were shut down and they have new yellow lines.. This could be fun. :nana:

Seriously I have an awesome driving record and intend on keeping it that way. One ticket in 23 years and NO fault accidents. YelloThumbUp

She Devil

Trucks are for GIRLS!
A house...
This is just Ryan though. [confused]

What does a written actually mean? Its not a ticket that you have to pay fines.

I am just curious.
Here in Arkansas it's a little blue piece of paper that basically says they've warned you, and if you don't fix the problem you WILL be fined. I got one about 5 years ago in Henderson because I had a head light out.

Of course once he told me it was out I fixed it right away. Had the doofus of a husband told me it was out I never would've driven it. :headbang:

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Seriously I have an awesome driving record and intend on keeping it that way. One ticket in 23 years and NO fault accidents. YelloThumbUp
I had a ticket when I was 16. That's the only one I've ever had that's ever showed on my record. Ok, so Ive had many "non-moving" violations that cost alot of money. :D

:rofl: That made me laugh my butt off! Let's just hope that's me after work MINUS the big ticket. ;).......

I am glad. Everyone needs a good laugh once in a while. YelloThumbUp

I am dreading getting stopped in the 56. I am sure it will happen at some point. Maybe....no seat belts, no back up lights, no emergency flashers, or some such dumb thing. :rofl:

How do you explain to a rookie officer that those things didn't exist back then and are not required by law? [confused]

Maybe I will get stopped for the license plate being partially obscured by the rear bumper. It is in the stock location, has the tag light, and the bumper is stock. :redface:

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
What does a written actually mean?

Want to really know what a written warning really means? It means the officer needs to justify his time to his boss. I give warnings all the time but I never give a written one. I can assure you this, if I put pen to paper it is for a ticket.

They are also used for statistical purposes etc...all the things that get us funding.

She Devil

Trucks are for GIRLS!
A house...
I had a ticket when I was 16. That's the only one I've ever had that's ever showed on my record. Ok, so Ive had many "non-moving" violations that cost alot of money. :D
Hehe. I have probably deserved a few of those in my time but never got a (What California calls it) Fix It Ticket.

I got my ticket in '94 so I was like uh 26? I got it for doing 49 in a 45. The cops just outside Fort Stewart GA. don't play. It went against my CA. D.L. though because I was still 'legally' married to a soldier at the time so I didn't have a GA. license.

They kept my actual license because of that and I had to use my ticket (hah, right) for identification purposes until I paid my ticket.

Oh well, at the least the MP's never got me for 'playing' on the tank trails. :cooldude:

Want to really know what a written warning really means? It means the officer needs to justify his time to his boss. I give warnings all the time but I never give a written one. I can assure you this, if I put pen to paper it is for a ticket.

They are also used for statistical purposes etc...all the things that get us funding.

You never know what you are going to learn around here by accident.

One of my former student's father was a local police officer in a little town near here. I only met him at the school a few times. He told us that he gave out tons of "warning tickets" and very few actual tickets. I was not real sure what they were or what the purpose was.

Now I know. He was showing that he actually did something (or getting funds). YelloThumbUp

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Hehe. I have probably deserved a few of those in my time but never got a (What California calls it) Fix It Ticket.
Ah, well, mine weren't "Fix-it-tickets". They're tickets I paid to change from moving violations to non-moving violations to keep them off the record and from messing with my insurance. :) Did I mention my brother and sister are lawyers? :D

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
In my experience if you have to "Show" your boss you are doing work, then there is a trust issue. They give me the authority to take another persons life when/if I feel the situation dictates that response. If they don't trust that while I'm wearing the uniform that I am working then I will find someone else to work for.

I don't have a problem with numbers for money as that is the name of the game in my business. We produce the numbers and they give us the funding to keep doing it. City council has bragging rights amongst the other political dipwads and they leave us alone.

My city is the #1 safest city in Riverside county and the #39 safest city NATIONWIDE.

Yikes... I'm gonna stay in my OWN lil truck and keep the doors locked around y'all....
My Freightshaker will do well over 90 but has never been pulled over....er, CITED that is... and I have 750k on the clock. (let's see YOUR truck when you hit them miles TODD.... bet you'll break some too) No accidents either. maybe some ON-PURPOSES, but no accidents.
I guess you know I have had to have an angel on my shoulder, because it's hard to keep these number 12s off the floor...
I did get pulled over down around Erick OK about 3 years ago, after leaving a small town, topping a rise where the 55 sign was, I saw him pass the other way, flip around, and had a talk with me. I asked why, when I was only doing 55, did he pull me over. he said,"well, it isn't 55 til the top of that hill, and we've had problems with big trucks blasting thru town back there." I said,"well, back in town I was only DOING 40. when I started up that hill, I saw that 55 sign and put my foot in it." He said,"how did you get up that hill that quick?"
I banged my hand on the side of the trailer (a grain trailer at the time) and there was a long and loud echo. "EMPTY. nothin holdin me back"
He laughed, we had a talk about other truckers and He could see I REALLY wasn't IN a hurry, and let me go on my way.
last ticket was more than I care to remember ago.....

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
My Freightshaker will do well over 90 but has never been pulled over....er, CITED that is... and I have 750k on the clock. (let's see YOUR truck when you hit them miles TODD.... bet you'll break some too) No accidents either. maybe some ON-PURPOSES, but no accidents.
I guess you know I have had to have an angel on my shoulder, because it's hard to keep these number 12s off the floor.
Hit them miles?? I dought I'll ever be OLD enough to get that many miles!!

I've had one accident, that involved a second vehicle, and it wasn't my fault. :p

Angel huh? I have a key chain that says: "My Guardian Angel flies an F-16" :)

The one ticket that does show on my record was the only ticket my brother "fixed" for me that wasn't reduced to a non-moving. I was banned from driving in Platte County, KS for 3 years too. The officer clocked me at 122MPH in a 40MPH zone. I don't think it was so much the speed that pissed him off, but the fact that when he clocked me, not one tire was on the ground. That was a long day waiting for my father and brother to come to the county court house and a REALLY long ride home.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts