Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Trucks been sitting

Quick unrelated kinda question since I'm kinda need tires soon, i was on the cokertire.con website and looking out for tires and wheels in the future. So u know the lug pattern? 5.5? And also, since its 2wd what about the center of wheel? Can i use something like this... Not gonna be this but an example?
10abacd0d2963b8c612c51afc63bd9fd.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Don't know whos truck that is. But its got a little lowering done to it. And those wheels and paint set that truck off!
75080f279d7b09ddd1769bf6fd956228.jpg

While I'm thinkin of it. When i was younger i never took the truck on the interstate. It always felt like it was too loud and i always felt like it the clattering was bad. I was also young and didnt know much like i do know. Whats the speed not to go over? Never understood why 55mph was circled. I did happen to do 85 one night and got pulled over. The truck died that night but started right up... what would cause that?

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I'll be here. Been since almost the beginning of this site.
When my old cherry picker gave up I looked at the harbor freight one. Nice. But ended up with the one from pep boys. Legs fold up to make it more compact for storage, and the crain part is extendable to reach out farther. You pick up less weight extended but works for other projects too. Only trouble the wheels were cheap, broke and replaced 2 over time
Price was about the same as the other one
This seems to be the only picture I have of it
32879fd931811a4a2b9082f5d3e4247f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Do you have every rockauto magnet they ever made? :rolling laugh:

dustybumpers

don't play well w others

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Lmao. No just been buying from them since 2009

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Thats a normal setup I use. Probably the easiest. The rubber pushes in the ends, the cork goes on the sides.
Pretty easy when they are upside down and plenty of room.
If they dont have the one piece get that and I will work you through it.
You will also need from Walmart a small tube of weather strip cement and a tube of gray permetex gasket maker.
They are about best price for that.
While looking at leaks, how is the lifter cover on the driver side behind the distributor? It goes full length of the motor
That usually leaks pretty good by the time the pan leaks

As of now its not leaking. But i remember back then it was kinda leaking. So i really dont know off hand. Havent reallly warmed it up enough to really see a whole loy of leaks. Ur talking bout the tappet cover?

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Yes. Tapping cover. If its leaking could look like an oil pan leak

Oh no this is most definitely the rear part of the pan at "u". Only part of pan thats leaking so i can see the new oil coming threw at idle. Doesn't leak when the truck is off. Weird. Ill double check it one day this week just to be triple sure. Hard to do anything realy during the work week. Not to mention its almost dark when i get home, sometimes it is. And its 26degrees here haha

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Look down the back of the block too, as the valve cover leaking in the back can look like a oil pan leak. Usually the rubber seal part don't leak unless the oil pan is loose. Try snugging it up, but watch how tight as you can squeeze the sides out if you go too tight

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Depends how long sitting. If cork or rubber etc. Time makes gaskets hard, they don't flex and seal anymore. Worth a shot tho

I did find a one piece gasket. I don't want to use different gaskets cause I'm sure they will leak between the meeting areas. Even with RTV gasket material.
My only worry with a one piece is that the "u" on the rear of the pan will be too short. Not really a good picture on this site but hopefully itll work.
1b958a1945ae285abda210bd4b0f8e1d.jpg

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
It's not too short. The timing cover and the rear main cap are both 2 different sizes.
Make sure the gasket comes with the 4 wedge shape plugs that screw in the corners to help put the gasket and pan on.
You still have to put gasket maker in the 4 corners to seal the splits in the casting and the block. I will draw you a chart when you get closer.

Think im just gonna order the 4 gaskets for now. Doesn't seem too hard. But right now i cant put 40$ on a gasket yet. Not with a pump for sure. And i wwnt this done right

How do the wedges work? I have never used wedges to hold the gasket on. I usually just use a thin layer to of rtv to hold the gasket on.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts