Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Tailgate Panel Installed

Best I know... This style was only ever used on Bronco's (with a keyhole punched into the left side). All the late 9th gen F-series trucks that I'VE seen, were black strips with FORD letters. Earlier ones had a red plastic stripe instead of black.

Right, I knew that part, but was curious about the Fseries. I guess you just confirmed what I already thought. My truck has a red stripe on the back, the writing is a little different too.

P1010041.jpg

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
i like the cleaner ford logo only more :) im gonna remove my tailgate.. and only put a ford logo.. trista! you should of asked here my trucks tailgate panal is in perfect condition..

im gonna post a pic tomorrow and im selling it :)

you won't get as much as I paid for it bc his is brand new. You could get anywhere from $75-200 on ebay, I'd assume. His was more than double that though. I vote for just keeping it, Jurgen.

Skan said:
Brad told me a story about how he took in his 86 Ranger to get a replacement decal put on, and he was angry when they had put on the subtly different decal from an 87 Ranger. He complained about it and they explained that the 86 decal had been discontinued since the 87 decal was considered a suitable replacement. I'm assuming that these panels are the same scenario-- the block letters were continued because the oval is considered a "suitable replacement."

I am going to guess, and this is only a guess, that Ford ran out of the block letters and rather than reorder them (I'm sure there would be a minimum that was way too much) from their supplier and given the vintage of the trucks they go on, a suitable replacement was made with the 'in production' blue oval.

tylstruck

Canadian diisabled Yuppie
Is that an alum piece or stainless? Is it glued on or screwed, bolt? Very sharp getting that from the two women who obviously love you most.

No more 'junkyarding' for you.

Tyl

Michigan
Skankster.... I like it. :)

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Tyl I do believe it's aluminum, doesn't seem heavy enough to be stainless but then again I know nothing about metals :p And it's bolted on.

Michigan
Brushed aluminum maby?

Michigan
If you tap it with your finger nail you can tell it aint stainless. Seams to fimsy and light, but yet how does it not rust or look nasty after the many years of salt? Mine still looks like brand new.

Sooo Brushed Stainless? Maby... lol

Ford Truck Articles