Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Tailgate Panel Installed

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
For those that didn't see in the Christmas presents thread-- Trista and my mom pooled together their money to buy me a BRAND NEW tailgate panel. This thing is PRISTINE. The gloss on the Ford logo is beautiful :) Just finished installing it:

DSC01811copy.jpg

DSC01812copy.jpg

DSC01813copy.jpg

Here's my old one with the nasty dents:

TruckMedium.jpg

DSC00972.jpg

I know my old one wasn't in TERRIBLE shape... But nearly everybody that sees my truck for the first time ALWAYS noticed the big dent above the FORD letters :headbang: It was the only real noticeable dent on the whole danged truck.

My other one had the FORD block letters on the right side. I was nervous that I wouldn't really like the Ford oval instead of the block letters but it grew on me after I installed it. If I decide that I want the block letters later on down the road, I can order the black plastic strip on LMC with the Ford block letters just by itself, and not have to pay the $700 (!!!!!!!) that LMC wants for the rest of the panel.

And no they didn't pay $700 for it. Trista pulled some strings and got a pretty good deal on it. Still cost an arm and a leg-- she bought it directly from Ford :)

Last edited:
Looks sweet, Chris. I like the blue oval without the block lettered "FORD".

I about fell over when I priced those - I need one for my '94.

Looks fantastic, Chris!!! Kudo's to Trista getting that for you so we don't have to listen to you crabbing about that old panel. On behalf of everyone on FTF, thank you, Trista.:bow: how am I doing, Chris?

Last edited:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Looks fantastic, Chris!!! Kudo's to Trista getting that for you so we don't have to listen to you crabbing about that old panel. On behalf of everyone on FTF, thank you, Trista.:bow: how am I doing, Chris?
If you think that'll get you out of doo-doo for waking us up this morning... FAT CHANCE!!! :rofl2:

Thanks for the compliments y'all. I'd like to hear more opinions about the Ford Oval vs FORD block letters. Which do you guys prefer?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Yeah it's tough for me to make a decision with the topper on cuz the topper makes the whole damned truck look ugly... I'll make a final decision after Winter is over and I take the topper off.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Chris, we need to get some chrome vinyl so you can make letters for the other side...:idea:
Lol, I already had the thought to take the FORD letters off my old panel and stick em on the other side, but Trista quickly talked me out of it. Would look pretty silly to have TWO Ford symbols... But it WOULD be kinda cool to figure out what font it is and maybe make a chrome F150 sticker :)

Michigan
Ford Oval FTW. It adds color to the back of the truck, the ford letters look real plain IMO. Also something that should be on a late 80's F150 instead of a mid 90's like ours. Looks good tho.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Sweet gift man, looks killer. Id go either way with the panel. I like the blue oval, or the block letters, let it sit on ya for a while.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
You hear that Chris, the people have spoken lol.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
looks good! Although the other one didn't look to bad IMO..

and, I personnaly like the look of the block letters better....

EDIT: I think they should have got you this instead! :rofl:

Tailgate_Pretty_in_Pink1.jpg

Last edited:
I personally like the letters more as well, but it looks really clean. The Ford logo one is for a Bronco... :p

Ford Truck Articles