Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Stock Ford Rims that match up?

another option would be the old alloy rims they put on the Dodge pickups and Ramchargers. They are alittle scarce but see them around some, usualy not too high when they are out there. I had them on my 75 F150 in high school. they were 15X7 and fairly light. They looked good cleaned up or left to nature, kinda like the slots. They were the spoke/turbine type wheel.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
73-96 F150 rims will be a direct swap. 78-96 Bronco rims will be a direct swap. 5x5.5 Jeep rims should be a direct swap. I saw a couple people say that any 5x5.5 rim will work...not necessarily the case, you have to determine whether the rim is hub centric or lug centric.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Ford introduced Styled Steel and Styled Aluminum wheels for F100/150's & E100/150's in 1977, the same wheels were introduced in 1978 for Bronco's.

All the various 5 lug 5.50" bolt circle styled wheels will fit 1953/83 F100's, 1975/96 F150's, 1969/2001 E100/150's and 1966/96 Bronco's...with one exception.

Some 1980/83 F100's came with 5 lug, 4.50" bolt circle wheels.

Beginning in 1997, F150 wheels are metric (Bronco cancelled after 1996). But Econoline wheels didn't go to metric until (I believe) 2002.

Note: They may look the same, but looks can be deceiving. The hubcaps (Ford called 'em ornaments) used with these wheels are attached with three anchors and screws per wheel.

The anchors are steel for the steel wheels, nylon for the aluminum wheels (these expand when the screws are threaded in, holding the hubcaps in place). Both chrome and black screws were used.

The Gen-U-ine Ford wheels will have THREE SMALL HOLES for these attaching parts within the bolt circle.

Caveat Emptor: Let the buyer beware! Some aftermarket wheels look similar to Ford wheels, but do not have these holes.

The anchors should not be used more than a coupla times. Because...after they've been expanded more than twice, they tend to fall out when the vehicles are driven around corners, taking the caps and screws along with them.

And...before buying Gen-U-ine Ford wheels, MEASURE the bolt circle. Besides the oddball 4.50" 1980/83 F100 wheels, Rangers & Bronco II's used similar looking wheels, but also have the 4.50" bolt circle pattern.

Last edited:
Ford introduced Styled Steel and Styled Aluminum wheels for F100/150's & E100/150's in 1977, the same wheels were introduced in 1978 for Bronco's.

All the various 5 lug 5.50" bolt circle styled wheels will fit 1953/83 F100's, 1975/96 F150's, 1969/2001 E100/150's and 1966/96 Bronco's...with one exception.

Some 1980/83 F100's came with 5 lug, 4.50" bolt circle wheels.

Beginning in 1997, F150 wheels are metric (Bronco cancelled after 1996). But Econoline wheels didn't go to metric until (I believe) 2002.

Note: They may look the same, but looks can be deceiving. The hubcaps (Ford called 'em ornaments) used with these wheels are attached with three anchors and screws per wheel.

The anchors are steel for the steel wheels, nylon for the aluminum wheels (these expand when the screws are threaded in, holding the hubcaps in place). Both chrome and black screws were used.

The Gen-U-ine Ford wheels will have THREE SMALL HOLES for these attaching parts within the bolt circle.

Caveat Emptor: Let the buyer beware! Some aftermarket wheels look similar to Ford wheels, but do not have these holes.

The anchors should not be used more than a coupla times. Because...after they've been expanded more than twice, they tend to fall out when the vehicles are driven around corners, taking the caps and screws along with them.

And...before buying Gen-U-ine Ford wheels, MEASURE the bolt circle. Besides the oddball 4.50" 1980/83 F100 wheels, Rangers & Bronco II's used similar looking wheels, but also have the 4.50" bolt circle pattern.

Thanks for all the info there.

If i can manage to find a set of those "slots" rims, i'll snag them. They would look sweet on my '79.

Any idea what years they came on?

Fellro

Staff member
I think the slots were only available on the later 70's trucks. Aftermarket wheels are similar, but styled a little different.

You shouldn't have a problem findin some aftermarket slots, they are similar as stated, they made those wheels for just about everything back in the day, thats what i have on my truck. but u will need the 5 lug version obvisouly, but should be easier to find than 8 lug. and he said above that ford slots were on 1977 1/2 tons and 78 broncos

73-96 F150 rims will be a direct swap. 78-96 Bronco rims will be a direct swap. 5x5.5 Jeep rims should be a direct swap. I saw a couple people say that any 5x5.5 rim will work...not necessarily the case, you have to determine whether the rim is hub centric or lug centric.
On the F250's they changed the studs from 1/2" to ..larger ?.. and the old nuts get sucked into the new hole.

My 04 E350 is still 6 1/2" on 8

Fellro

Staff member
That's the same rims I have on the 78.

Fellro

Staff member
Truck_pics_061.jpg

I like the cab lights on your truck.

I haven't decided if i want to install them on mine or not.

I have a LMC truck magazine handy if i ever decide i do.

Only thing I haven't found in it was carpeting, or any type of flooring for the Supercab's.

Know where I can find replacement flooring, and headliners?

Usually better to start a new thread instead of posting in an unrelated thread but to answer your question stockinteriors.com does they are who I am going to get the carpet for my supercabs.
john

Fellro

Staff member
I have a parts truck that has some good parts yet, depending what you need. The passenger side is smashed in, no glass for the most part other than the rear window and rear quarter windows.

I have a parts truck that has some good parts yet, depending what you need. The passenger side is smashed in, no glass for the most part other than the rear window and rear quarter windows.

I can't think of much that I would possibly need.
I'm thinking about re-doing all the interior, seats and all.
The truck is entirely original with the exception of the motor, and seems to be all there.

Surely needs the carpet, and headliner. At the moment it's not even there, and with the cold here in Pennsylvania it's almost hard to get myself to go places.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Only thing I haven't found in it was carpeting, or any type of flooring for the Supercab's.

Know where I can find replacement flooring, and headliners?
smsautofabrics.com (located in Canby OR) has original upholstery, carpeting and etc for all Ford vehicles.

73FordF100

Georgia Chapter member
Georgia
Those are sharp.

Look good on your truck.

Nice truck by the way.

I have a soft spot for those Slots though.

But i'd like to use actual Ford rims.

The search is on!
Thanks for the kind words :D! I love the slots too but I decided on these. One day when I restore it I'd love to have some very expensive Torque Thrusts, they look so awesome. Welcome to FTF BTW!

Ford Truck Articles