Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Starter solenoid fits...

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
80 bucks?If you're bellyachin about that don't get a truck like mine...that bad boy was 160....80 bucks...pfft that's a cakewalk..Hey thanks for the rep BTW you gave me one lousy point lmao!

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
80 bucks?If you're bellyachin about that don't get a truck like mine...that bad boy was 160....80 bucks...pfft that's a cakewalk..Hey thanks for the rep BTW you gave me one lousy point lmao!

I actually got it wrong.I paid 80 bucks for the alternator,and the starter came with the truck.Brand new never opened.I don't know why I thought I bought the starter.Sorry.

But that sucks Chris.Hope you get it fixed.I feel for you,cause i'm sure a 351 starter isn't cheap.

Oh and JR,it won't let me give anymore than that.lol.I have to distribute it around to be fair.lol.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
I agree.

Well,I got the ol F100 runnin.It was indeed the battery.It just needed a charge.I got a nice little story to go with it though.I hooked the battery up,and hopped in the truck to turn the key.I got nothin.So I hopped out,and looked under the hood.I had forgot to hook up the little red wire to the solenoid.No biggy,undid the cables(I don't take chances),hooked up the red wire,then put the cables back,and hopped back in to try it.Well the truck turns over and fires,but quickly dies.So I pull the key back to try again.Well,when I pulled the key back,the dang truck kept turning over.The POS solenoid froze.That's the second one.So,I jump out of the truck and undo the negative cable to shut the truck off.I walk back to the shop and grab the original solenoid(the 30 year old Motorcraft).I hook it up,and then try again.The truck starts right up without one single problem.Leave it to Motorcraft to make a solenoid that lasts as long as the 300 itself.So I moved the truck back into the backyard(pissed the neighbors off in the process).I gave it a nice little wash and then put it back in front of the shop.Here's a most recent pic just for kicks....

She's old,but she'll still slide the tail end around..

modelsandemblems1238.jpg

Pretty nice mark for 2.75 gears that hate turning those 31's.lol.
modelsandemblems1256.jpg

modelsandemblems1257.jpg

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
well im glad your solenoid problems are solved. my starter took the dive tonight trying to get ready to leave work. and i had to crawl up under there and hit it with a wrench for it to work. but my friend david has a starter for my truck just laying around and he said i could have it for free. hopefully it works. oh well if it dont no big deal.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts