Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Putting away the 460 for the Winter :(

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I would disagree on the professional end. When I first bought my truck in high school I had to take it through to winters, the undercoating protected it quite well by holding the few bits of rust on the underside in place. I now use a spray on heavy duty metal protector from AIMSOIL (shout out to Chris!) that has been great as well holding everything in place.

I use tons of that stuff on my DD's each year......getting ready actually to bring in the King Ranch and Expi to do it's annual spray of Amsoil HDMP!

What I love about that stuff is, it sprays on like a liquid to drip into all the cracks and crevices that the liquid salt stuff can splash into, then a few second after, it hardens into the water repellant wax like substance.....pretty amazing stuff.

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
I use tons of that stuff on my DD's each year......getting ready actually to bring in the King Ranch and Expi to do it's annual spray of Amsoil HDMP!

What I love about that stuff is, it sprays on like a liquid to drip into all the cracks and crevices that the liquid salt stuff can splash into, then a few second after, it hardens into the water repellant wax like substance.....pretty amazing stuff.

Have to get some of this!:wavey:

460Trucker

Has the Cat Scratch Fever
I can let my good truck get a bit dirty while working or driving. but I try not to let her stay that way. winter truck.....I don't pay no never mind to in that regard.

When I do get a different winter rig, I still plan on keeping it clean...as much as possible that is :wasntme:

I noticed that as well! It really works great, except I noticed sometimes when it rains there will be a little oil slick from some minor dripping in random places...this is probably due to me dousing the chassis :D

Have to get some of this!:wavey:

Here's the link: http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-product/other-products/cleaners-and-protectants/heavy-duty-metal-protector/

460Trucker

Older Toyota SUV, it's just temporary YelloThumbUp

460Trucker

I hear that! I want to get another 250 or 150 of the same body style. That I plan on doing within the next 2 years.

460Trucker

How do you like your flareside?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts