Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Newcomer from Germany

Hello Guys,

I'm from Germany and I have a '85 Ford F350 6.9l. Rebuilt on 7.3L.
I'm hoping for a little help.:)

Ronny

Last edited:

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
Welcome!! We reaching all corners of the globe.. We got a fe members from New Zealand and Australia, all across America, canada, Aruba.

Hang in with us if we don't understand some of the phrase you may use.. As its new too most of us..

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Ford Power

Fellro

Staff member
My sister lives in the Hamburg area... Still not fluent in Deutsch though... Welcome aboard! Have a few IDI 6.9's running around in my herd...

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Welcome! That's a sharp truck!

Hey Guys. Super that you like my car but I need your help. I have a little problems....

...and my english is not so good:(

welcome to FTF

Fellro

Staff member
Hey Guys. Super that you like my car but I need your help. I have a little problems....

...and my english is not so good:(

So far you are doing well. Don't worry, we will work with you on it. if it is too hard, my wife also speaks German.

The rear fuel gauge does not work and there is no fuel pumped before. The 6 Port Fuel Valve Selection works though. (You can hear it switch)

Last edited:
So far you are doing well. Don't worry, we will work with you on it. if it is too hard, my wife also speaks German.

Thank you Fellro,maybe I can learn English your sister!

What is the difference between 6.9l and 7.3l?

Fellro

Staff member
The 6 port valve may not be moving all the way into position, which will block the fuel flow, and also can give fuel gauge troubles.

The main things different between a 6.9 and up to 1994.5 model year 7.3 is bore size of the cylinders, rocker arms, valve stem design, and the head bolts. Many parts trade between the motors.

Hi Fellro. I need a new 6 Port Valve?
I can check the 6 Port Valve or the Feul Tank Sensor?

Which mashine is better than 6.9l or 7.3L? I have a 7.3l built-in i have a 7.3l built-in und the 6.9l reserve.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts