Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

General Dentside Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey fellas long time no talk, hope every one is doin aight, i was apart of a benefit mud bog for a local, $50 cover all the mud you need free food and good people out for a good cause, well after a beer or 10 i let the liquid encouragement show and ran my truck trough the hole with Hicktown blarin made it through first time no issues but was very gentle and used what was needed but..... a few hours later and a few more beers and i started double clutching and speed shifting imagine 2 fast 2 furious meets mud. ended up loosing my rear drive shaft. was proud of the ole 460 even though i used and abused her she did well. ended up riding home behind my father 79 bronco

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Good to see ya again Josh...doesn't sound like the carnage was too bad though. Guess it goes to show, liquid courage and driving doesn't mix.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Sounds like not getting enough vacuum to the booster if it is intermittent. If the booster was bad it should happen all the time. I wouldn't rule it out as a possibilty but I would check the valve and vacuum from engine first.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Another thread got me to thinking...did 73-79's have their locks and ignitions keyed the same from the factory? Or did they have different cut keys for each? I've had dentsides both ways.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Another thread got me to thinking...did 73-79's have their locks and ignitions keyed the same from the factory? Or did they have different cut keys for each? I've had dentsides both ways.

On the 5 that I have dealt with, they're the same, door and ignition. More than likely what causes them to be different is when the ignition goes out and gets replaced. I'm pretty sure that it's not too tough to change the keyed portion of the ignition though. I know that the tumbler portion isn't too difficult to remove. Then just swap the old guts into the new ignition.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
That's what I thought Lee...but in another thread someone got talking about having dual keys. The trucks that I KNEW were originals only had one key. So I figured it was a swap, but didn't know if some came one way and others with 2 keys. That didn't make sense...but I figured I'd ask the experts.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
My 78 150 4x4 had a different key for the glovebox.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Last edited:

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
There must also be a differnt one for the toolbox in the bed cause I didnt have a key for it and the ignition key wouldnt work.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yeah...there is a different one for the tool box. But now that raises an interesting question...I've never had a truck with a locking glove box and a tool box...so it would be interesting to know if the tool box and glove box were keyed the same.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Yeah...there is a different one for the tool box. But now that raises an interesting question...I've never had a truck with a locking glove box and a tool box...so it would be interesting to know if the tool box and glove box were keyed the same.

If memory serves me right...the round key was for the glovebox and square for ignition.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
If memory serves me right...the round key was for the glovebox and square for ignition.

right...but did the glove box key match the tool box too? Or was that different yet?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Thanks for the info.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Anybody have or know of a good tech write up for OBA. My AC system isn't working right, so I figure I may as well put the compressor to good use.

Anybody have or know of a good tech write up for OBA. My AC system isn't working right, so I figure I may as well put the compressor to good use.

This wont help you, but im about to buy an OBA setup from a buddy of mine, but this one doesnt run off the A/C compressor. although ive always wanted to see that setup done

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Thanks Chris...I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles