Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Found an awesome Crew Cab for sale

All the fun is in fixin these old trucks and being proud of the work you did. Right? If I spent all my time waiting for the perfect truck to come along, and had nothing to wrench on, what would be the fun in that? If nobody fixed this old stuff up, we wouldnt have the variety of trucks we do today...

tylstruck

Canadian diisabled Yuppie
Chris, what's so appealing to you about crewcabs?

My '79 is for sale @ $5,000 cash, in October. Will be moving to London. Never had my driver's license, so the truck for me to keep it is pointless. Dad won't be around to chaffeur me and the truck. I've had my ime with the truck and took good care of it. I kept every receipt I've spent on the truck which would accumulate well over the asking price. I even kept all fuel receipt spent on it. I just never added the total of those receipts....

Tyl

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
hahaha eco has a point vans have the most cab room ;)

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
My brother has an awesome 79 Van that he never drives. It's rusting just a little, but it has a 460, A/C, shag carpet everywhere, 99 Expedition seats, rear seat fold down into a bed, and it's a 3/4 ton. It only gets like 10MPG, but I'd love to have it, except I don't have anywhere to put it.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I just love the way a crew cab looks. My love is not exclusive to crew cabs, not even close. But ever since having my centurion I just really appreciate the styling a cc. As for being the OWNER of a crew cab -- it is VERY nice having the extra cab room and the other set of doors. After my dad owning 2 extended cabs and my brother currently have an extended cab, I was WELL aware of what a hassle it is to load people and cargo into the back seat. When I set out looking for trucks I had my eyes set on crew cabs and I found my centurion and fell in love with it.

wizzard351

ride'n on 35's
wi
there aint no way id pay that much for dents! a rust free dent free body is worth more then the rest of the truck any day .

tylstruck

Did Trista pick it out for you? How long have you had it, and what is Centurion?

Tyl

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
No I had my truck before Trista and I started speaking again (we had a dry spell where we didn't communicate for several years).

I bought the truck about 2 years ago. Centurion is a company that used to do custom truck modifications for Ford right off the assembly line. Back before Ford had Excursions, they used to ship Broncos, hot off the assembly line, directly to Centurion where they stretched them into four-door Broncos, like this:

Centurion.JPG

There were lots of variations. They built some of the four-door broncos on 1-ton chassis/drivetrains and put PSDs in them-- they sported C350 badges on the sides.

In the case of MY truck... Ford wasn't putting out a crew cab 1/2 ton truck at the time, only F250s and F350s (I think the CC F250s started production in 96). So Centurion also stretched F150s into Crew Cabs for those people looking for a 1/2 ton crew cab.

Depending on what the buyer wanted, they also added other options like wood grain panels on the interior, televisions (old CRT tubes), custom graphics on the paint, etc etc. Mine is just a regular F150 Crew Cab, no extra frills-- which is EXACTLY how I like it :)

tylstruck

Awsome class. Thanks Professor Skandocious. I thought Centurion was like a limited edition name, well it is technically. I assume there'd only be a handful of your trucks produced for a company fleet or so.
It's interesting to learn little things like that.

Tyl

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Yeah these Centurions are pretty had to come by, that's why they fetch a pretty penny if you ever see them for sale. I bought mine 2 years ago, 92k miles, with a snugtop camper shell, PERFECT condition, very similar to how you see it now, for $8000. May seem expensive but also keep in mind that trucks are a bit more expensive out here in Cali. Well... they WERE until these danged gas prices :headbang:

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
there aint no way id pay that much for dents! a rust free dent free body is worth more then the rest of the truck any day .

Yea dents suck . But just a solid dented cab here is $1200 no doors at all . Then have to buy a frame . If u can find one for less let me know I have a guy looking for one.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Yeah these Centurions are pretty had to come by, that's why they fetch a pretty penny if you ever see them for sale. I bought mine 2 years ago, 92k miles, with a snugtop camper shell, PERFECT condition, very similar to how you see it now, for $8000. May seem expensive but also keep in mind that trucks are a bit more expensive out here in Cali. Well... they WERE until these danged gas prices :headbang:

The Centurion still go for that here .

I see regular 90's F150 with low mileage still getting $10000
Its the newer ones that got hit hard here . The 97 up price r going cheap . Course they get worse mileage .

tylstruck

That just ticks me off. Ppl with any vehicles just garage kept.

Why bother having them?

Tyl

Rust sucks...

I have a virgin '78 crewcab that I bought from a guy in New Mexico. He drove it out here to Phoenix to sell it to me. I am trying to sell it now to fund my other project & I was going to put a picture on here but I can't seem to get the file size small enough. :(

Ford Truck Articles