Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Finally.......SHE'S ALIVE..........

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Ok so after buying a CPS and installing everything back on the truck, cranking it over and not getting anywhere, I called Vince and got to talkin. We went over everything with the multimeter, and all my dag gum readings were spot on!:bs:

So now for the whole part about calling a damn FORD TECH, leave it to Vince to tell me about a little star wheel on the Crankshaft that has to be on there in order for the whole truck to run:headbang: .....

SO Sun. I guess I will be tearing the front cover and everything OFF the truck AGAIN to put on a new star wheel, and while I'm at it I'm gonna replace the Crankshaft Position Sensor just in case!!!!!:headbang:

WHAT A F***ING DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

OH BTW honestly, Thanks a bunch for the help Vince at least now I know WTF was the deal! And sorry for bothering you at home!!!:thanks:

fill me in a bit.. what did you drop in? or what did you do to the existing engine?

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
OH BTW honestly, Thanks a bunch for the help Vince at least now I know WTF was the deal! And sorry for bothering you at home!!!:thanks:
Vince is a Godsend when it comes to needing help! He's always answered for me!!

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
fill me in a bit.. what did you drop in? or what did you do to the existing engine?

I had the infamous blown plug in this motor, so I was driving it around like that for a while then I had the trans blow on me! So when that happened I pulled the motor and took it to a guy that I made kitchen cabinets for. We were working there one day and I saw he had a mustang drag car and I asked him who did his motors. He told me he did his own and proceeded to show me his shop....OMFG so I never would've guessed that was in that little shed!

So I took the motor to him and he ported and polished the heads, shaved the heads and block, honed the cylinders, heat tanked and cleaned the block, and put in some weld in heali-coils(sp?) and reassembled it all for only $1100:WooHoo:

Then I put on new shorty headers, injectors, fuel lines, custom exhaust, soon to come is a new set of cams and a custom tune on the 'puter.

Ford Truck Articles