Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Finally.......SHE'S ALIVE..........

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
.........well not quite, but we are gonna let the battery charge over night and then start it tomorrow night. The battery was so dead that we couldn't even jump it.:headbang:

Oh well, I can see the light now!

OK, so now that you have the end of the story, you can quit reading if you want because this part is the long way around to getting there.

Ok so Sat I had to go into work, well didn't HAVE to but the boss was sounding pretty desperate on friday afternoon and wanted to get some countertops made and out of the shop. so I went in and got there about 4:45 am and worked till 10:45 am. Left from there and went to dads.

Got there and started right away on the motor buttoning up the fuel lines, injectors, harmonic balancers and such. Got a pretty good ways into the job and realized i didn't have the fluids (trans, oil, p/s etc.) so we called it a night when we realized we were gonna have to modify the EGR tube to make it work with the new headers (oh and tech guys- Does the EGR tube get real hot or is it just warm air that passes through it?).

So I ran past the parts store and bought all the fluids mentioned and got up there this morning and buttoned her the rest of the way up. Started putting fluids in her and got the antifreeze fiilled up, looked around for leaks and all of the sudden WOOOOSH! here comes coolant from around the intake manifold gasket!!!!!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: At this point I am ready to freaking start throwing stuff! but I pulled the intake off in about 10 mins. and realized that on a 50/50 chance that I could have put them in backwards I freaking NAILED it. :headbang: So after switching them to their rightful sides I put the intake back down and bolted her in. Topped the coolant off and Vwalah, no leaks. SO we then proceeded to try and start the truck to no avale. So we put the battery on a trickle charge over night and we shall see tomorrow night if that does it. If it does then it's off the the exhaust shop then on to the house!smiliegitrdone

Oh yeah and sorry I haven't been around here much lately, I have been dealing with a doubel ear infection, getting the loan papers squared away on the new house which we are supposed to close on on the 15th, and just been workin alot!

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Congrats on getting the truck running! Post pics and vids or ELSE!! :D

The EGR pipe will get real hot. I've nearly burned myself on it several times. Not sure about your truck but on mine it stems right off of the passenger exhaust manifold.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Yeah mine comes off the drivers side but there are two rubber tubes at the top and in oder for it to work today I had to get some rubber fuel line stuff and let it make the bend I needed so i didn't know if that would melt since there were rubber tubes up there anyway. If so then I need to find some one to custom bend me an EGR tube.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
AWESOME NEWS DOC!! Woo Hoo!!

Ok, BTW- It's Voila not Vwalah. :) It's avail, not avale. :) I imagine you're just a tired hic anyway, but I gotta give you a little grief!! ROFLMAO

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Your lucky I'm freakin tired bubba! LOL never said I was an english major!

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
Hahahaha, well done spelling nazi. :)

Good to hear you're almost ready to fire her up! I don't know how you could wait overnight, though. I don't have that sort of patience. smilietease

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
.........well not quite, but we are gonna let the battery charge over night and then start it tomorrow night. The battery was so dead that we couldn't even jump it.:headbang:

Oh well, I can see the light now!

The lights work with a dead battery? smilietease

Glad to hear its together man.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Geez guys! Doc has a good day and you make fun of his spelling. I thought hippies smelled, not spelled. ;)

msb71

Virginia Chapter Leader
Hampton,VA
Thats good news Doc, Don't worry about neither of the Hick's and hippies as they always put down others to prop themselves up.
Keep us posted!

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Well after talking to Vince tonight (BTW that man is a GOD!!!!) I think I have it narrowed down to the Camshaft position sensor. I originally thought maybe no spark after we charged the battery, then we squirted a little starting fluid in there and it turned over but wouldn't run(sounds SWEET btw)!!! then realized we had spark and no fuel. so we checked the plugs and they were bone dry. Then I proceeded to pull the return fuel line off and had fuel all the way back to the filter, so that wasn't it, I had fuel to the injoctors but was it getting squirted in the cylinder.....NO!!!!

so Vince said to pull the plug on an injector, insert a test light and see if it is lighting up as the fuel is supposed to be firing as you crank it. Did that and no light! So onto the CPS, pulled it out and the little tab on the cam was rotating so I called Oreiley's(sp?) and on Wed. I should have a new one so I will go back up there Thurs night and hopefully it will fire right up!

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
YOU HAVE NO IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:headbang: :hammer::headbang: :hammer: :headbang::hammer:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Wow, very impressive process of elimination. Did you try pulling codes? Here's the description for the CMP:

upl9900421438.png

Says it should throw a code if it malfunctions. Also says that it compares input between the CMP and the CKP (crankshaft position sensor). I don't know much about either of those two sensors but perhaps the problem could also be in the CKP. Try pulling codes if you haven't already.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts