Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

2010 raptor

Yeah you guys are right.
I was just thinking it would be smarter to start going back to Ford old saying "make it good and make the every day man be able to afford it" Have your nice trucks yeah but start marketing them a little differently.. But I guess i'm thinking old school, people want European style engineering that breaks down every few months...
I say stick a carb on it and a bunch of cats and call it done :D

ummmmm maybe im the only one but i prefer the euro style and they are crazy reliable, ever watched top gear or fifth gear?? if i member right Chrysler has a deal with peugeot to bring that car to USA... the fact of the matter is every one but detroit gets ts. detroit has been stuck on the muscle car era sine the muscle car era, and yet every one else pushes out more horsepower and gas millage out of a smaller more efficient motor

Why does ford not put manuals in there cars any more.. the only new ones offered with a 5 or 6 speed manual is the Mustang Gt and the Focus Coupe..

The raptor would be cool with a manual and so would the 2010 Fusion Sport

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
ummmmm maybe im the only one but i prefer the euro style and they are crazy reliable, ever watched top gear or fifth gear?? if i member right Chrysler has a deal with peugeot to bring that car to USA... the fact of the matter is every one but detroit gets ts. detroit has been stuck on the muscle car era sine the muscle car era, and yet every one else pushes out more horsepower and gas millage out of a smaller more efficient motor

If thats what you think then I ain't gonna ague with ya :D
Benz's and Euro cars were made to break down or sit in front of a Doctors office..

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Why does ford not put manuals in there cars any more.. the only new ones offered with a 5 or 6 speed manual is the Mustang Gt and the Focus Coupe..

The raptor would be cool with a manual and so would the 2010 Fusion Sport

I read some thing that said pretty much people only want them in sport cars or muscle cars and nothing else...
If I was going to get a new truck I'd want it in Manny..

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I'm not gonna lie...I actually like both euro and muscle style...however, I feel there is time and place for it. If you wanna have a sporty car...then I'm all for it...but keep that euro crap away from a truck...trucks are meant to be used and abused...no need to ghey them up. Even if the truck isn't used and abused...it should still look tough, not 'cute' or 'sporty'...unless that's it's intended purpose, like a Lightning or Roush, or something like that.

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I've never seen it...seen the website a couple times though.

LEB Paul

I like Broncos
Well its not a real 390, its just a stroked 5.4.

It is a completely new engine. It has many similarities in design with the modular motors, but it has a larger bore spacing and larger bore to go with it.

Ford is nowhere near its death throws, thats GM and Pentastar. GM cant repay its bailout money and is going have to declare bankruptcy, and neither can Chrysler. Ford didnt need bailout money and still has like 11 billion dollars in reserve, meaning they wouldnt have to sell cars for the next 9 months before they went under. Much of Fords assets are in stock which went up 40% in the last 2 months since it hit rock bottom. 2010 Fusion/Hybrid should be a hit and so will the new Taurus. F-series is always a money maker.

I almost feel bad for GM and Mopar because they are so screwed... [confused]

Ford is certainly in better shape than Chrysler or GM, but they are still on the edge. If market share doesn't increase and sales predictions don't improve Ford could be begging for money the same as the other two by the end of this year.

Yeah you guys are right.
I was just thinking it would be smarter to start going back to Ford old saying "make it good and make the every day man be able to afford it" Have your nice trucks yeah but start marketing them a little differently.. But I guess i'm thinking old school, people want European style engineering that breaks down every few months...
I say stick a carb on it and a bunch of cats and call it done :D

I like the old stuff for playing around and the simplicity of it, but ford trucks have never been more capable or reliable than they are now. The thing that has set Ford apart is having so many different options for configuring the trucks. Anything from a single cab vinyl seats, manual trans, 2wd, no radio.... to a king ranch or a Harley edition truck with a huge diesel, 4wd, leather seats.

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong...but I don't think that it was Ford didn't need the money as much as they didn't didn't want the money with the stipulations that were attached. Sure they had some banked reserves, but they didn't know if there would be an upswing or not in their stock...purely a game of Russian Roulette, and seems like Ford has been lucky so far. I believe the biggest deal breaker for Ford was the fact that a good portion of the bail out money was to be designated to fuel economy improvements and Ford didn't feel like that was a strength for them at this time...so it would be a waste anyway.

What Ford was originally asking for was a "line of credit" basically getting in place a way to access money if things DID get bad enough that they needed it. The gubermint wanted to lump them in with GM and Chrysler and put them under the same stipulations even if they didn't access the money, so Ford gave them the :flipoff2:. Ford was also there because if GM and Chrysler go under the ripple affect throughout the industry would probably take Ford down with them-they share a lot of common suppliers and the loss of GM and Chrysler would bankrupt a lot of these companies.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
It is a completely new engine. It has many similarities in design with the modular motors, but it has a larger bore spacing and larger bore to go with it.

Really! I thought it was justa beefed up 5.4, thats awesome they are making it it's own.
I wonder if they will bring back the 460 ;)

LEB Paul

I like Broncos
The engine has the potential to go to 7.0 (429) from what I've read. With Ford's new ecoboost technology large displacement really isn't necessary anymore, but it would be interesting to see that. I think Rousch was testing the 7.0 and were runnning it up to 7k rpm and seeing 700hp n/a... they were calling it the 777.

The 5.0 that's coming out is also a new and separate engine from the boss line. It is reported to be making about 400hp/400tq in mustang applications.. and this motor is going in the GT! I can't wait to see what kind of power they make for the gt500/boss/mach 1 variants supercharged or ecoboosted.. the possibilities are exciting.

There's been some talk of a gt350 with a 3.5 liter ecoboost making close to 400hp. Ford's new engine and transmission line up is going to be way ahead of the curve in the next few years. If they can pull through this rough patch they are going to be poised to be on top for a long, long time.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
The engine has the potential to go to 7.0 (429) from what I've read. With Ford's new ecoboost technology large displacement really isn't necessary anymore, but it would be interesting to see that. I think Rousch was testing the 7.0 and were runnning it up to 7k rpm and seeing 700hp n/a... they were calling it the 777.

The 5.0 that's coming out is also a new and separate engine from the boss line. It is reported to be making about 400hp/400tq in mustang applications.. and this motor is going in the GT! I can't wait to see what kind of power they make for the gt500/boss/mach 1 variants supercharged or ecoboosted.. the possibilities are exciting.

There's been some talk of a gt350 with a 3.5 liter ecoboost making close to 400hp. Ford's new engine and transmission line up is going to be way ahead of the curve in the next few years. If they can pull through this rough patch they are going to be poised to be on top for a long, long time.

That's awesome.
Speaking of the Ecoboost and seeing what it can be capable of in the new Taurus, why the heck isn't ford putting this bad boy in their Mustangs and trucks...

Last edited:

LEB Paul

I like Broncos
It's coming, they're still ramping up production. Ford has been doing a staggered release of new bodies/interiors and then power trains later and while it can be frustrating to the enthusiasts to wait for the big power, it has improved reliability greatly for new launches.

Mustang got a new body and interior this year, next year the 5.0 and n/a 3.5v6 are coming, and if they're throwing the 3.5 in there the ecoboost version can't be far behind.

I haven't heard anything about the truck engines. I know the superduty is getting the 6.2 gas and a new 6.7 scorpion (in house ford diesel, no more international) soon (400hp-800tq!!!). The F150 just got a new body. I know the 5.0 is coming (detuned 360/360 instead of the mustang's 400/400), maybe we'll see them move back to a v6 for the base engine and ecoboost that eventually.

I should add that I don't work for Ford in anyway, but I do a lot of reading on blueovalforums.com and they are pretty accurate in their info.. (some of them even DO work for Ford).

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I was really thinking about buying a new mustang i've been very close to it, but since I heard about this new Ecoboost I've thinking about holding off until it comes out..

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Wow Paul...it's really exciting reading what you're saying...I haven't been interested in Ford engines since they killed off the 460, really seems like Ford is gonna try to bring back some fire to the lineup.

LEB Paul

I like Broncos
Yeah the mod motors were disappointing in their peak output numbers, but they were/are some reliable engines with big fat tq curves. They were limited in RPM and HP numbers because of the small bore and long stroke they had, but the newest engines take all of the good points from the mods (ohc, 6 bolt mains, etc) and increase the bore spacing for some motors that can really perform across the whole rpm range.

I read some thing that said pretty much people only want them in sport cars or muscle cars and nothing else...
If I was going to get a new truck I'd want it in Manny..

They new Fusion has a manual option for the 4cyl. Subaru still offers manuals on their cars because they are big selling points... (for all the lesbians that buy them... :p smiliestirthepot )

It's coming, they're still ramping up production. Ford has been doing a staggered release of new bodies/interiors and then power trains later and while it can be frustrating to the enthusiasts to wait for the big power, it has improved reliability greatly for new launches.

Mustang got a new body and interior this year, next year the 5.0 and n/a 3.5v6 are coming, and if they're throwing the 3.5 in there the ecoboost version can't be far behind.

I haven't heard anything about the truck engines. I know the superduty is getting the 6.2 gas and a new 6.7 scorpion (in house ford diesel, no more international) soon (400hp-800tq!!!). The F150 just got a new body. I know the 5.0 is coming (detuned 360/360 instead of the mustang's 400/400), maybe we'll see them move back to a v6 for the base engine and ecoboost that eventually.

I should add that I don't work for Ford in anyway, but I do a lot of reading on blueovalforums.com and they are pretty accurate in their info.. (some of them even DO work for Ford).

Yeah I have been doing alot of reading about this stuff and I am so fascinated by all of it because it is all so awesome. It will sell cars, alot of cars which is why I own stock in Ford. The next couple of years are going to be good for Ford. :)

Bob Ayers

North Carolina Chapter member
Durham, NC
I took these photos at SEMA in Las Vegas last November:

411025479_WFFJf-XL.jpg

411024705_KwcvG-XL.jpg

411024432_zSuFs-XL.jpg

411024001_BeGWj-XL.jpg

411028659_yMMNN-XL.jpg

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts