Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > F-Series > Generation 6

Generation 6 1973-1979 F100, F150, F250, F350

Old 02-15-2021, 11:15 PM
Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond repute
BRRRRRR! Troubleshooting in the cold is a PITA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by john112deere
I think the lens of time is required to differentiate between the real milestones, and the detours along the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxlh View Post
Strippers, ammo and SKS, wow, that is almost sig worthy!!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2021, 09:34 PM
Texas Chapter member

Jasperrc has much to be proud ofJasperrc has much to be proud ofJasperrc has much to be proud ofJasperrc has much to be proud ofJasperrc has much to be proud ofJasperrc has much to be proud ofJasperrc has much to be proud ofJasperrc has much to be proud of
Glad you got it figured out!

Built a snow man on the hood of mine.

'77 F100 Flareside

"If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway."
Old 02-18-2021, 01:15 AM
Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasperrc View Post
Glad you got it figured out!

Built a snow man on the hood of mine.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Quote:
I think the lens of time is required to differentiate between the real milestones, and the detours along the way.
Quote:
Old 02-18-2021, 01:25 AM
crank polisher

Blue-Truck-Nut97 is a splendid one to beholdBlue-Truck-Nut97 is a splendid one to beholdBlue-Truck-Nut97 is a splendid one to beholdBlue-Truck-Nut97 is a splendid one to beholdBlue-Truck-Nut97 is a splendid one to beholdBlue-Truck-Nut97 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
Pics or it didn't happen.
You asked for it.

Hopefully they aren't huge.

I know it was a joke about the snowman, but I gotta give you a bad time where I can.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Blue-Truck-Nut97; 02-18-2021 at 01:33 AM.
Old 02-18-2021, 01:50 AM
Tonto Papadapolous

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-18-2021, 07:13 AM

FirstOnRaceDayAg will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-Truck-Nut97 View Post
Jumped in mine yesterday morning to head to the shop and she gave me fits trying to get started. At 3* I really didn't want to go either, but hey that's life. Finally resorted to ether. Got it running, running terrible. Made it to town, wouldn't pull 4th gear, was not happy about 3rd gear. Acted like it jumped time. But it couldn't have jumped time, I used steel timing gears for THAT REASON.

So, a thorough check of the fuel system at 5* in a blizzard shows no problem. But it couldn't have jumped time. I know it couldn't have jumped time.

So I get the timing light out, sure enough, WAY off. Don't know how it's running. Advance the distributor, runs great. Much noggin scratching follows. Try spare ignition module. Timing stays. Put old module back on. Goose throttle to hear that sweet sound of an FE through 12" glass packs. Pops and dies.

Long story short the roll pin in the distributor gear sheared. Re-installed gear with a piece of 7018 welding rod in place of roll pin and peened over the ends, and used 1/2 bottle of loctite. Long cold aggravating morning.

Still not sure why it drove to town.

Same thing happened on my 77 1.5 years ago. Exactly the same head scratching when checking the timing and after the adjustment. Good to get it figured out.
1977 F-250 351M, T-18 (Rebuilt at 315,000 Miles)
2008 Escape Limited, 3.0 (Wife's)
Old 02-18-2021, 09:34 AM
Tonto Papadapolous

Did either of you find the shear pin in the oil pan?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-18-2021, 09:57 AM

FirstOnRaceDayAg will become famous soon enough
Mine was still in the gear (fortunately). Had just sheared and allowed the gear to rotate on the shaft.
1977 F-250 351M, T-18 (Rebuilt at 315,000 Miles)
2008 Escape Limited, 3.0 (Wife's)
Old 02-18-2021, 10:20 AM
don't play well w others

dustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond repute
From the picture Jake sent me his did the same

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

If I keep getting banned from forums, and warned on Facebook, pretty soon I'll learn to behave
Old 02-18-2021, 12:05 PM
crank polisher

Blue-Truck-Nut97 is a splendid one to beholdBlue-Truck-Nut97 is a splendid one to beholdBlue-Truck-Nut97 is a splendid one to beholdBlue-Truck-Nut97 is a splendid one to beholdBlue-Truck-Nut97 is a splendid one to beholdBlue-Truck-Nut97 is a splendid one to behold
Same, most of it was either in the shaft or in the gear. It just weren't hooked together no more.

I'm just thankful it didn't explode the mufflers like our old bronco did.