Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Preparing for a ZF Swap

Fellro

Staff member
I would jump on the pedals, you can get replacement rubber pads if they are needed.

Michigan
Skan when u do the swap... You should sell me your trans pan lol

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Skan when u do the swap... You should sell me your trans pan lol
Possibly. I've still go my old one so I could swap that back on and sell you the pan... Then again the trans might be easier to sell with the aftermarket pan -- makes it look like I took good care of my truck :)

Michigan
haha tell em its got a shift kit in it and im sure they will think you took gooood care of it... smilietease Let me know i call dibs lol

Possibly. I've still go my old one so I could swap that back on and sell you the pan... Then again the trans might be easier to sell with the aftermarket pan -- makes it look like I took good care of my truck :)
i go back and forth on stuff like that...
does it look like you took good care of it, or like you must have beaten the crap out of it and needed to keep it as cool as possible

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
i go back and forth on stuff like that...
does it look like you took good care of it, or like you must have beaten the crap out of it and needed to keep it as cool as possible
I imagine that someone looking to buy a transmission will be a gearhead like me, so I look at it from a gearhead standpoint.

If it were me buying a transmission on craigslist -- I'd be more apt to buy the one that has a shift kit and aftermarket deep pan than I would to buy a stock one --- same mileage and price for both. Also -- I plan on putting the trans up for sale earlier and letting someone come out to drive it before they buy it.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Flip side: who puts a shift kit and cooler on a transmission if they only use the truck to haul their butt around town? Usually, those accessories mean the truck was used for working...

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Flip side: who puts a shift kit and cooler on a transmission if they only use the truck to haul their butt around town? Usually, those accessories mean the truck was used for working...
Crap you're right... I suppose I could just bank on 'trust' and tell the guy that the truck has had an easy life (it has).

i agree - i'm looking at a totally stock truck and feel better about it than one with 100 mods that someone possible beat the crap out of

...my gauges i'm thinking about installing on the pillar. i want to sell the truck, but do gauges make it look like i took care of the truck or like i beat it up and had to make sure my tranny didn't start on fire

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
Tom, if I were you.. I wouldn't put those gauges in. I think alot of people will take it the wrong way. 'Least that's my opinion of the matter. The ratio of people who actually care about that stuff versus those who look at it in a bad way is heavily favoured against the gearheads..

Tom, if I were you.. I wouldn't put those gauges in. I think alot of people will take it the wrong way. 'Least that's my opinion of the matter. The ratio of people who actually care about that stuff versus those who look at it in a bad way is heavily favoured against the gearheads..
thats the way i've been leaning and thought skan should lean the same way (stock) with his transmission

Michigan
I see guages and i think BUILT BAD ARSE MOTHER FER! But my truck haha not so much... Guages could mean alot of things. For diesels. If you go and look at one (No guages) and he says it comes with a tuner or chip, i walk away. I see guages in a diesel, and he says he has a tuner or chip, i think its built rite and continue on with questions i may have.

I put the guage in my truck because i LIKE to keep an eye on all the temps. Weird? Maby... I do pull stuff and i dont want to overheat anything in my transmission. Needless to say i bought my guage for looks. I love the way pods look from the outside in.

So the plan is to get the project going, but it's not a done deal yet - thats more what I was asking.
eco, he's just getting all of his ducks in a row right now. He needed to get his neighbor with the neat shop to agree to letting him do it there before he gave the seller the green light that the deal was a go.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts