Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What Have You Done to Your FORD Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
looked at it and went "oooooh, shiny"

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
:idea:Put JB Kwik around the leaky vent hose until I get the motivation to actually change it...probably this weekend. Only reason I did it was so I wouldn't lose the 20 drops of gas I'll lose during fill up today...doesn't leak any other time.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Pulled the first 3 plugs on the F100, and they were replaced not long before I got the truck. The electrodes and insulators were still pretty much perfect. The only problem they seem to have is the carbon all over them. I also looked into the 1st combustion chamber, and I couldn't tell because the plug hole is so small, but the sunlight reflected off of something shiny in the chamber, and i'm hoping that shiny thing isn't a damaged piston.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I'm going to vacuum it out in a little while. The other day I replaced a cracked rubber fuel hose that I only replaced 4 months ago. How annoying. I was 100 miles from home too. The only good thing is I apparently picked up 3.6mpg. I used 7.3 gallons in that 100 miles. So instead of my typical 10mpg I got 13.6mpg. Not sure how that happened.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Replaced the block heater for the third time in two years. Also pulled the oulet apart that I plug the heater into and found a big spiders web in the outlet. Replaced the outlet, and I hope this one lasts awhile.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
come to think about it, other then giving the Holley a little tweakin' haven't done any thing to the old girl, she still puttin' along just fine.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
New rear brake shoes, and a new wheel cylinder yesterday. Rotating tires today.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
New rear brake shoes, and a new wheel cylinder yesterday. Rotating tires today.

If you remember, can you measure the length of the lug nuts?

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
I thought I had done that for you already. but I may not have. If not I have one laying in my center console I can get out and measure

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^Naw...don't think you did. But if so, I'm getting old and forgetful. And your lugnuts are shank style I assume, and do you still run them with the washers?

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
I think it was in the thread where you got new wheels or something... I don't remember. But here is the picture again... and yes I'm still running washers with them. What's shank style mean?

062210140601.jpg

062210140422.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Oh hell yeah you did. Appreciate the pic...that was everything I needed. 1/2" x 1.5". And shank is the style of lug nut you have as opposed to open, acorn, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts