Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What Have You Done to Your FORD Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Added a quart of oil and checked the anti-freeze.

Blade

Backwoods boy
well, drove it down the road and talked with some friends today. then took it huntin.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
well, drove it down the road and talked with some friends today. then took it huntin.

Speaking of your truck and hunting, I bought you a Dixie Outfitters sticker earlier, that says Coon Hunter. I just couldn't pass it up. :D

Wash,wax,cleaned windows and checked the oil and tranny fluid levels

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Pulled the tranny pan off the Bronco...haven't found the gumption to go mess with the valve body and linkage yet.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Pulled the tranny pan off the Bronco...haven't found the gumption to go mess with the valve body and linkage yet.

You going to replace the pan with an aftermarket one with a drain plug?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
You going to replace the pan with an aftermarket one with a drain plug?

Nope...drilled and tapped a spare pan, used a drain plug from a spare oil pan, if it works, great, if not...I'll throw the original back on, and buy an aftermarket unit next time I need to pull it. Over the last month, I think I've spent more on tranny fluid than I have in my entire life.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I thought about tapping mine out but I'm worried there is not enough material for the threads to maintain a good seal...let me know how it works. If I had a TIG, a nut would work well I think.

Begun removal of the trim pieces on my Mercury. Every last piece of aluminum trim will be stripped of its anodizing, repaired/polished, and then cleared. Chrome pieces will be polished and sealed.

The truck is going into storage for the winter months, so this will keep me busy during that time.

It is going to be a pain!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Still couldn't get the linkage and valve body to line up properly...so I'll be bringing that to my buddy next weekend. Just can't seem to get the kick down linkage to go where it's supposed to. I also semi-rewired the tailgate on the Bronco and now have a rear window again. However, something is getting caught up and won't let the window gom down the last 1" or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts