Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What did you do to your Dent today

Status
Not open for further replies.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
^^^very nice!

Sent from my not-so-smart phone!

Loaded the bed of the 77 with a pallet of ttb dana 50 stuff to go trade for a solid axle for the 88. Gunna put some miles on tomorrow driving south to meet up with the guy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Was planning on moving them to the new building...bronco has a flat, so I guess a new set of swampers are gonna be in my future. Putting gas and chargers on them tomorrow.

Ben, it sounds as though you are not driving yours enough...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Ben, it sounds as though you are not driving yours enough...

I'm not...red has 5 miles on it this year. Bronco maybe a couple hundred, thunder, maybe a dozen. Haven't started any of them in probably 3 months. Just have to finish the last of the to do lists and they'll all be streetable again. Thunder just needs a $250 computer. Red needs the new red head stuff re-bled. Bronco now needs tires. Now that I have a shop, it'll be convenient. But at the end of the month, the new 460 will be coming off the dyno for the bronco, fender project is under way, super duty axle swap will be happening soon, interior upgrades, roll cage and bumpers are coming. I think I have a psychological aversion to actually driving them...haha.

Haha hell I feel bad. I'll get 10k on the 1 ton this year. And I live 2 miles from work

good saturday

Last night I did a compression test and got some interesting numbers. Did a dry test and then wet. Left the Marvel Mystery oil in the cylinders overnight. This morning I went out and installed my new tonneau cover. It is a Truxedo Truxsport model rollup. Perfect for what I need which is to transport my RC airplanes in the bed without having them blow out! :). Went right on as per instructions and fit like a glove.
Then my wife and I went to the farm to visit family and it was interstate driving with a round trip of about 50 miles. The truck ran perfectly and it was about 75 degrees outside and comfortable. All in all a great day in a great ride!

Donald

Attachments

• tonneau in box.jpg
  • tonneau installed.jpg
  • tonneau 2.jpg
  • at farm.jpg

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Went for a 20 mile drive today. The truck sits quite a bit anymore, but that makes me appreciate it even more when I DO drive it.

Now that I have the new tonneau cover installed, I can take my planes to the field. Went to Lowe's yesterday and bought a throw rug and cut it to fit the bed of the truck. This morning I loaded the planes and other stuff and away I went! It was perfect and there was a lot of room! No issues with the planes moving around and the truck purred like a kitten during the 60 mile round trip. The only thing I have to do is build a small rack out of white PVC for the wings. But that is a simple job. smilieFordlogo

Attachments

• bed 1.jpg
  • bed 2.jpg
Now that I have the new tonneau cover installed, I can take my planes to the field. Went to Lowe's yesterday and bought a throw rug and cut it to fit the bed of the truck. This morning I loaded the planes and other stuff and away I went! It was perfect and there was a lot of room! No issues with the planes moving around and the truck purred like a kitten during the 60 mile round trip. The only thing I have to do is build a small rack out of white PVC for the wings. But that is a simple job. smilieFordlogo

Suweet ,damn I miss flying ,I start drooling when I see American pickers
show those folk's airplane collection!...:headbang:

I started flying on a Hobbyzone supercub years ago and have loved it every since but life kind of had to come first so I put them all away.
I need to get mine back out and dust everything off and get back into flying again.

CB and Bandit, I used to fly and still have a Private rating but it is not current. At 66 I am not sure I would want to start flying general aviation again. It has grown to be a very expensive hobby and as I now own my dream truck and fly RC I just don't have the time or interest. But I really enjoy flying RC and have a great way to get to the field now. I was going to maiden the orange plane in the photo but it was just too windy and did not want to risk a crash. But there will always be another day.

Donald

CB and Bandit, I used to fly and still have a Private rating but it is not current. At 66 I am not sure I would want to start flying general aviation again. It has grown to be a very expensive hobby and as I now own my dream truck and fly RC I just don't have the time or interest. But I really enjoy flying RC and have a great way to get to the field now. I was going to maiden the orange plane in the photo but it was just too windy and did not want to risk a crash. But there will always be another day.

Donald

Yea ,I amagine the winds are kicking up with the season change ,
Me an a friend use to hit a couple flights early in the morning before
the winds would start up ,we would fly foamy's ,.049's & 15!...:)

The little foamy sitting on the tailgate is a foamy. But it is powered by an electric motor. I flew it a few times but that is all. Basically just getting to the field and back in my dentside was worth it! :)

Jasperrc

Texas Chapter member
Planes and dents, hard to beat a day like thatYelloThumbUp

I used to do some RC cars and boats but never did planes. Didn't trust myself in that 3D world and besides, I already had a post hole digger in the shed'smiliedoh'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts