Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

V2..The Dents We Find

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Very clean......love the color combo.

My Dad ordered a 79 Bronco in that color combo...and was the same rig that the dealer installed a 460 before he picked it up.

Locking glovebox and passenger side lighted vanity mirror... What more could a dent love ask for?! smilieFordlogo

I don't think I've ever seen a factory 73-79 lighted vanity in person in any dentside I've ever been around.

NO highboys after 77 and never on a SC.

The bid is up to ( $5,801.00). Kind of depressing to see what my SC might bring.

That 79 HB SC had me a little worried, but it seemed like he knew what he was talking about in the description at least. As for the bid price...the market is down right now. That being said, a couple weeks ago, I had a guy pull into the driveway (in a Suburban of all things). He asked me how much for Red, I told him more than he was willing to offer...he laid out 8K and told me he'd been admiring the truck for years. I told him I was flattered, but it would take more than that. So all it takes is the right buyer.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
He asked me how much for Red, I told him more than he was willing to offer...he laid out 8K and told me he'd been admiring the truck for years. I told him I was flattered, but it would take more than that. So all it takes is the right buyer.

I would think quite a bit more! A lot of people throw cash around like that thinking the truck market is down with the economy and hope for a desperate seller who needs the cash.

Had someone offer me $15k for dent at a car show I was entered in last year. I said, I don't think so!

Then drove up to rite aid a month or so ago and some guy offered me $3k for the bump. I said, no thank you.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Oh my...there are not alot of things I wouldn't do for that rig.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ

Fellro

Staff member
Have a few in use around here, still in pretty good shape too!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
^^^not sure how other states work, but the tow truck guys up here in Maine are on a call list that the police go down the line in order so each local driver gets their turn. AAA uses the closest available.

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
^^^not sure how other states work, but the tow truck guys up here in Maine are on a call list that the police go down the line in order so each local driver gets their turn. AAA uses the closest available.

They seem to have races out here (at least to accidents).... sort of like lawyers... Triple A has specific companies they use form a list though.

Dak

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
They seem to have races out here (at least to accidents).... sort of like lawyers... Triple A has specific companies they use form a list though.

Dak

Dang....may be better to work in rural areas I suppose...for steady work as opposed to whoever gets there first....I seem to remember that was how it worked in Houston when I lived there.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

I'm sure we have some sorta fancy wrecker/tow/roll back service like that here too...but anytime I've needed a tow or anyone I know has needed a tow, it's been a matter of putting out a few phone calls or posting a message on the local websites...and it spreads like a spider web. I know last tow I needed in the Bronco, I walked to the nearest pay phone, put in a call to a buddy and in a matter of 15 minutes, a buddy of a buddy of a buddy of a buddy...some guy I didn't know, pulled up with chains and gave me a tow home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts