Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

V2..The Dents We Find

Status
Not open for further replies.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
It is a nice truck, but 2WD for 14500. I don't think so.

Looks like a really clean and mint truck from the pics. You would think that if the truck is what it is, than the price should be that high, but unfortunately these trucks just don't hold any value no matter how nice they are. Also, most people won't buy those kinds of trucks for that kind of money. People who are willing to spend some money on these trucks want to build or restore them by themselves for personal value. Also, with fuel prices, no one is going to shell out that kind of money unless they are a collector of these. Even if that was a 4x4, I don't think it would bring 14500. Would be a very nice truck though.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
It's probably a case of..."alright hunny, I'll try to sell it"

Looks like a really clean and mint truck from the pics. You would think that if the truck is what it is, than the price should be that high, but unfortunately these trucks just don't hold any value no matter how nice they are. Also, most people won't buy those kinds of trucks for that kind of money. People who are willing to spend some money on these trucks want to build or restore them by themselves for personal value. Also, with fuel prices, no one is going to shell out that kind of money unless they are a collector of these. Even if that was a 4x4, I don't think it would bring 14500. Would be a very nice truck though.

The difficulty I have with that is...I know plenty of chevy guys that would lay out the coin for a comparable chevy...I just don't get the pricing discrepancy.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
It's probably a case of..."alright hunny, I'll try to sell it"

The difficulty I have with that is...I know plenty of chevy guys that would lay out the coin for a comparable chevy...I just don't get the pricing discrepancy.

Most likely.........

I don't know either when it comes to the chevy guys. We see Fords in that condition pretty regular so are Chevy's that rare in that condition? I don't know.

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
Most likely.........

I don't know either when it comes to the chevy guys. We see Fords in that condition pretty regular so are Chevy's that rare in that condition? I don't know.

I can tell you that after a trip to the local salvage yard a couple weeks ago that I was shocked and a bit pleased to see how small the Ford section was compared to the GM, Dodge, and import sections. To me, that tells me there are more Fords still on the road.

I still see a lot of dents in my area here in PA, and I'm right in the heart of the rust belt. Including mine, there are probably at least a half a dozen 73-79 Fords driven daily or regularly in my small town alone. A couple are actually still work trucks for small companies. I think there are so many still on the road that they're just not considered to be very rare.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
You make a valid point there Steve, that I hadn't thought of. When it comes to old steel (through the mid-80's), Ford far out numbers the other brand on the road...and there are far fewer fords in the jy's. Maybe it is just as simple as supply and demand.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^Not gonna lie I'm a fan of the 62-66's and the 67-72's.

^^^Not gonna lie I'm a fan of the 62-66's and the 67-72's.

Me too. I have a 1965 stepside chevy also. I love the body style, but they dnt seem to be that popular to restore around here its usually 67-72(i do like them too). I wish mine was 4x4 like that one tho.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
They're all missing transfer cases...sad panda.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
^^^^that is a pure toy....not much practical use out of that baby....I wouldn't make it through the bank drive through with that pig....pretty cool though. I'd want a cheap paint job, like Chris' FB even, much smaller tires, and I'd take off that silly grill guard and put a normal bumper on. Too much work for $5k and too much for just a pure toy IMO! COOL THOUGH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts