Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Tranny Problems ( If Its Not One Thing Its Another )

:headbang: I WENT OUT TO PLOW TODAY AND WHEN I LEFT MY LAST DRIVEWAY THE TRANNY (E4OD) WAS ACTING FUNNY. I PULLED OUT AND WENT DOWN THE ROAD AND IT ACTED LIKE IT WAS STUCK IN GEAR. SO I SHUT IT OFF AND STARTED IT BACK UP THAT DIDDNT WORK SO I PUSHED THE OD BUTTON OFF AND THE TRANNY WAS FINE. SO WHEN I GOT HOME I PLUGED IT IN TO MY SCANNER AND IT SAID MY MANUAL LEVER POSITION SWICTH WAS BAD. SO NOW I HAVE TO BUY ONE AND REPLACE IT FUN. WONT TAKE LONG THOUGH

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
try making sure the plug is tight and dry. try cleaning the connections. try adjusting the switch. then buy parts. most times it is a wet/ corroded connection. new switch from ford comes with a repair kit for the connecter, and instructions on how to adjust, for $92.11. thake about 45 mins to install. part # is: f5tz*7a247*aa.

Thank you i order one yesterday from ford it should be here today. My buddy works there so i get all my ford parts for discounted. the part came to to 53.87 with the discount good deal
smilieFordlogo

Ford Truck Articles