Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

This website's aways had this trouble. Fix it.

To the geek/s of FTF,

The trouble I'm talking about is the subscribed threads being dropped from
the User-CP's list too dangged quick. Just read one wanted to respond but
needed to do some reading first so skipped it and responded to another post.

Came back the list was gone. I complained about that when first signing up
here and it fell on deaf ears. :( There's been at least 100 threads that's
gotten lost that I wanted to respond to over the years.

Is the idea for the setting you've set it to, to -limit- responses? ;)
If so, keep it like it is.

Or tell me how to change that setting on just my own account?

Alvin in AZ

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
What browser are you using?

I don't think that can be fixed as it's vBulletin's settings, not this forum's settings. I have that issue with another Ford specific forum I post on unfortunately.

Fellro

Staff member
I have email notifications set to be automatic to any threads I reply to. The trick I have is the emails don't always get through...

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I don't think the threads are dropping off your user CP arbitrarily.

The site is set to log you out of your account if you don't have activity for 20 minutes. Every time you log out, it clears the 'new posts in subscribed threads' that you are using. There are a number of reasons for why it works this way.

A work around for a situation where you're not changing pages w/in 20 minutes is to use the search feature of the site and search for all threads you've posted in. You can see the ones with most recent responses first.

Ryan

Fellro

Staff member
In your user CP, over on the right side, under where the threads are displayed, there is a link you can click, view all subscribed threads, and it will display every thread you ever responded to if your settings are set to subscribe automatically to threads you respond to.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
In your user CP, over on the right side, under where the threads are displayed, there is a link you can click, view all subscribed threads, and it will display every thread you ever responded to if your settings are set to subscribe automatically to threads you respond to.

That's great Roger, thanks, I did not know that option was there as well.

Ryan

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Click user cp on left. Your subscribed threads are there. If it says there are no subscribed threads, go into the line below the message, and click view all subscribed threads. you can read every thread you have subscribed too

Fellro

Staff member
I have used it many times to go back to threads that have been dormant for a while..

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts