Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Thinking of selling the dents.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Did they ever make any four door bronco's in a dent style?

I don't think Ford ever produced any, but there are some out there. I don't know if they were aftermarket productions, or homemade.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I don't think Ford ever produced any, but there are some out there. I don't know if they were aftermarket productions, or homemade.

Anything like that would be rare and tough to find, but that site you sent Doug is awesome.....also shows the rareness of the crews.

Spent some time looking through all the recent posts and I can see now that the dent crews that were bought back in the day were used as true work trucks; car haulers, two trucks, dually's, etc.....so finding one restored or close to it for casual driving will be a challenge.

There was one in NH that looked really good, but most I've come across are going to need some work before I can truly enjoy them with the family like I enjoy my dents now without them.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Ken, you might take a look at this site, dedicated to Ford crewcabs. There are also classifieds.

http://www.oldfordcrewcabs.com/

Doug, that site is FREAKIN AWESOME!

A little more searching and crews that are pretty clean and somewhat restored will be commanding around the $20k range and a show truck will be upwards well over $30k.

Crews with issues and need lots of tlc and work, but are driveable are in the $8-10k.

It'll take both my dents and then, maybe a little in order to get one that I want, but more than worth it to me to be able to drive it with the family and still have my classic dent!

These are all possibilities:

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/4934438084.html

According to that forum, the bids got up into the mid to higher 20's before the seller took it off (probably because he got a cash offer he couldn't refuse privately):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1978-Ford-F...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

This would be the equivalent (to me anyways) to my red 77, but in a 68 crew; fully restored, ac, automatic, etc:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-Ford-F...0zS9PTIGUACoUABGBTKyw%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Doug, that site is FREAKIN AWESOME!

A little more searching and crews that are pretty clean and somewhat restored will be commanding around the $20k range and a show truck will be upwards well over $30k.

Crews with issues and need lots of tlc and work, but are driveable are in the $8-10k.

It'll take both my dents and then, maybe a little in order to get one that I want, but more than worth it to me to be able to drive it with the family and still have my classic dent!

These are all possibilities:

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/4934438084.html

According to that forum, the bids got up into the mid to higher 20's before the seller took it off (probably because he got a cash offer he couldn't refuse privately):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1978-Ford-F...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

This would be the equivalent (to me anyways) to my red 77, but in a 68 crew; fully restored, ac, automatic, etc:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-Ford-F...0zS9PTIGUACoUABGBTKyw%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Glad it helped, Ken. I have my eye on one about 50 miles from me. I stop in once a year and ask the guy if he is ready to sell yet. Last time the answer went from "No", to "If the price was right". It is a survivor, but it has a flatbed on the back.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I think if you search, something similar to your black truck will be had in the 20s, I like the 2nd of those trucks only, for me they need to be 4x4, and I think resale in your area would need 4x4 too.

I'm 100% with you on the 4x4 requirement.

Glad it helped, Ken. I have my eye on one about 50 miles from me. I stop in once a year and ask the guy if he is ready to sell yet. Last time the answer went from "No", to "If the price was right". It is a survivor, but it has a flatbed on the back.

Helped a lot Doug.....thanks again....gave me a little hope that they are out there....might have to be a little patient and open the wallet a little wider, but it'll be worth it to me emotionally!

Don't forget, my wife did say I could get a Gen 2 someday if and when the boys ever did get the dents......so maybe push that time table up and settle (sort of :)) for a fully restored Gen 2 summer driver only.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
The original owner of my SC was saving it for his sons. Kept it in a garage .
But when his sons grew up, they wanted Beamers a Mercedes. So I bought it.

Haha....made me smile reading this Mark.....it's kinda what my wife and I were afraid of so to speak......not that they'd want a Beamer or Mercedes, cause we won't fork that kind of cash for a vehicle like that for them, but a nice old classic they will cherish and take care, like their old man did, YES.

But we also didn't want them to keep it or NOT sell it out of guilt or obligation and thank God that we are in the position (and hopefully then too) that if they did want to follow in my footsteps 10 - 12 years from now and want to take care of a good old classic, my wife and I are willing to accept any appreciated value and write a check at that time for them!

I know how you are feeling Ken. When it was time to think about selling mine, I came up with all the reasons to keep or sell. The reasons to sell out numbered the reasons to keep. I still miss the old SC. Driving out to camp or going fishing with the family are always going to be fond memories. Its bitter sweet selling them off. Like you said before, you get to b.s. with potential buyers who also love these old rigs. Then the hard part. Watching someone else pull out of the driveway with her. It was my dad who got me hooked. I always wanted his old 79 f-250, but there was nothing better than the day I pulled up in my own 78, and the look on his face. Instill the love of these old trucks into your boys, and one day they may be parking there rigs next to yours.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I know how you are feeling Ken. When it was time to think about selling mine, I came up with all the reasons to keep or sell. The reasons to sell out numbered the reasons to keep. I still miss the old SC. Driving out to camp or going fishing with the family are always going to be fond memories. Its bitter sweet selling them off. Like you said before, you get to b.s. with potential buyers who also love these old rigs. Then the hard part. Watching someone else pull out of the driveway with her. It was my dad who got me hooked. I always wanted his old 79 f-250, but there was nothing better than the day I pulled up in my own 78, and the look on his face. Instill the love of these old trucks into your boys, and one day they may be parking there rigs next to yours.

I really appreciate this post....thanks....got me a little choked up.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
My son has a 94 Centarian. They are one heck of a truck/ car
his is a C350

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Funny thing, Ford really didn't want to build a 4 door SUV, so they decided to farm it out to Centenarian
after the first few hit the street, they became so popular, Centenarian couldn't keep
up.
This is what was to become the Expedition.
As soon as the Expedition hit the streets, Centenarian stopped making the 4 door broncos, and went into the custom crew cab and dualys. They were also in the camper and van conversion trade.
https://www.google.com/search?q=cen...niv&sa=X&ei=NtdDVZS3HYHAgwTyzoEw&ved=0CCgQ7Ak

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Yeah, he brings that truck up here for events too. He and my son are friends

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
ive been in the store where they keep it... its like 15min ish drive... they got me the replacement bows for my tonnue... need to go and see if i can get replacement retainers now... the ones on mine split the bottoms and tops...

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Not sure which ones you have, there was an ABS plastic one when they first came out that dry rotted
the new design is now made from polyvinyl, and should hold up well.
they do cost a bit more though

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
Not sure which ones you have, there was an ABS plastic one when they first came out that dry rotted
the new design is now made from polyvinyl, and should hold up well.
they do cost a bit more though

when i ordered the replacement bows they came with new ones.. but had to cut the bows to shorten them a bit.. in the process of removing the spring retainers they got damaged.. reinstalling them didnt help matters cuz i had to make new pinch points..

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts