Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

The Dent "Parts" We Find

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

76f350spercamprspeal

Known By all-*-76SCS-*-
:rotz: (sigh) Something IS right. The taillamp bezels were sold separately, but not all trucks had them. Standard equipment on XLT's & Lariats.

D3TZ-99279A66-A Right & D3TZ-99279A67-A Left.

Fits: 1973/79 F100/350 Styleside & 1978/79 Bronco.

Now that you mention it, I just realized my '76 has them, and the '74 does not.
I think I want to upgrade the '74 Super-Cab to a Ranger-XLT Trim Package. Which was the top-of-the line from '70-'77, until the Ranger Lariat was introduced in '78. I like the Ranger Lariat seats, but I don't like the '78 and '79 grilles, they look like the '80-'86, and look like braces. The same problem the '78-'87 Chevrolet El Camino's have.

This '75 F-2 HiBoy has been on Craigslist for several months.
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/2167988843.html
I called the guy and talked to him for about half an hour, he acquired the truck through lien sale, (he owns a RV Storage Lot) and doesn't know anything about it, he doesn't even know if it runs. He gave me the VIN, which decoded to a 360. I told him his best bet would be to try and clean the truck up and get it running, then he will probably have a buyer.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
^^^^^ Geez, I'd be all over that if I was closer.

That truck will sell without being cleaned up.

In Alberta, it is a badge of honour having a 4x4 with tons of clumps of mud the thicker the better hanging onto the body.
Guys even drive it arround town for a couple of weeks before they get soaked and washed

76f350spercamprspeal

Known By all-*-76SCS-*-
It's been on there for about 3 to 4 months.
He hasn't had many calls either.
I was tempted to look at it,. but I really wanted a Super-Cab.
Too bad I couldn't find a Super-Cab 4x4.
If either of you want, I'll buy it for ya and ship it back your way, even though it'd be expensive, it would probably be worth it due to the fact CA vehicles don't have rust.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Yes but if you look at the picture, They are from a bump side.
Uh huh...Open your peepers and take a look-see. These bezels are not for a Bumpside. There are three ways to tell.

1) Taillight bezels on bumps did not have the black painted insert.

2) Taillight bezels on bumps were shaped differently.

3) While the part number cannot be determined in the ad's photos, you can make out the fact it has 15 characters.

Do the following part numbers have 15 characters?

C7TZ-13489-A Right & C7TZ-13489-B Left .. Taillamp Bezels.

Fit: 1967/72 F100/350 Styleside and 1967/77 Bronco and 1969/74 Econoline.

So what do these bezels actually fit? After using a magnifying glass in the ads photo, I can make out 5 and U in the part numbers prefix.

With 5U in the prefix, the only possibility:

D5UZ-22279A66-A Right & D5UZ-22279A67-A Left .. Taillamp Bezels (note the part numbers have 15 characters each, including the hyphens).

Fits: 1975/91 Econoline which points to the fact that this is ANOTHER clueless ebay seller. :rotz:

Last edited:
70cover.jpg

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
^ ^ Ranger XLT ^ ^

1970/72 Ranger XLT's have a wood grained tailgate finish panel and wood grained inserts in the upper side mouldings.

1970/72 Rangers use similar parts, but the tailgate finish panel (it's the same dimensions as XLT's) has a black painted insert. The upper side mouldings (same dimensions as XLT's) have black painted inserts.

And btw: Notice there is no black painted inserts in the taillamp bezels!

Thank you Dennis for posting the pic....cuz a pic sez a 1000 words.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Anthony: :rotz: (sigh) You are suffering from foot-in-mouth disease. An old saying: Sometimes it's better to be thought clueless, then opening your mouth and removing all doubt!

To say CA trucks don't rust is ridiculous. It does snow in CA, salt is used on some roads, and the salty marine layer that rolls in along the coast in another cause of rust.

The marine layer can cause vehicles to rust as it covers them when parked outside. If not hosed off...it doesn't take too long for rust to begin. The drip rails are a good example.

I looked at a one owner 1967 F100 Ranger recently in Hermosa Beach. EVERY piece of chrome was pitted, the anodized trim had faded away, the drip rails had been bondo'd several times.

Look at newer trucks that have the black plastic trim around the cowl opening, side windows and etc. The marine layer can cause these parts to turn GREY if not hosed off.

76f350spercamprspeal said:
Too bad I couldn't find a Super-Cab 4x4.
Uh huh, and you wouldn't have bought if you had...even if it was cheap, you wanna know why?

1977 was the first year Ford offered F150/250 4WD Super Cabs (No F100 4WD's after 1976 and 1977 F250's from serial number Y20,001 which are not High Boys).

How much is the registration and smog fees you are gonna have to pay when you register your 1976?

You posted the info awhile back on t'other site. I think you said it was over $1800.00.

For those unaware, CA smog tests all 1976 and newer vehicles and requires expensive Commercial Plates on all trucks...unless a permanent camper or camper shell is installed.

Last edited:
Well.....that was a waste of time.
turned out that his meaning of pretty good shape from the doors back is entirely different than mine. Holes rusted thru the frame, sections of the bed flapping, holes in the floorboards, doors rotted out. Its worth $400.00 tops.

Well.....that was a waste of time.
turned out that his meaning of pretty good shape from the doors back is entirely different than mine. Holes rusted thru the frame, sections of the bed flapping, holes in the floorboards, doors rotted out. Its worth $400.00 tops.

You should have tried to buy the turbines.!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts