Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

That`s not good

primetime

sawmill slave
So this happened Sunday while plowing.

SANY0146.JPG

It would appear that a previous owner broke the front axle housing. And instead of replacing it, we`ll just weld that up. It`ll be fine. Not so much. I`m just really glad it didn`t happen the day before when I hauled two bundles of slabs to my Uncle.

On the plus side, there is a guy parting out a 97 F-350 4x4 dually on Craigslist. Sent him an e-mail last night, he got back to me today, and I`m buying the front axle, springs, track bar and bracket, steering linkage, and driveshaft for the exorbitant sum of $225. I`m picking it up Saturday.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
That had to be a fun experience...nice score on the new 60 though.

primetime

sawmill slave
You suck, wish I could find a D60 for that price...

If he would have done it right the weld would have been just fine.

Did you feel it give?

Yeah, I know I suck.:D

Yep, I would have drilled the crack, veed it, welded it, ground it, then some plating. Or done what I am doing now.

I didn`t feel it give. I pulled out of my friends driveway, gassed her up, and about the time I got to 40 the truck was heading for the ditch while I was steering it for the center line. I checked every thing, didn`t see a problem so I babied it home. I did my drive while I mulled it over, then found it.

Ford Truck Articles