Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Started on the Interior

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Well sorry I have not been here much. No sense in me saying why. Took my truck out for a good drive. Man she has power as long she is cold,but she gets hot it's like riding a bucking horse. TFI Module? I went and bought one yesterday. Will have it on this evening.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Hi Roy,a friend of mine from Texas came up last weekend he drove it and said that was the problem. He has his own repair shop and only will drive a Ford truck.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Glad you're back, Cliff. Engines are not as simple as they used to be!

Isn't that the truth, they are not simple. I hope this fixes it. I never left Doug just been real busy lately. I was given a project car over the weekend so i have been spending a little time with that.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Cool, like to see a pic of his shop. Bet it has Ford paraphernalia all over the place smilieFordlogo

let us know tonight after the swap

No he has a real shop he is a mechanic.He got tired of working for a dealer and making them all the money so he quit and opened his own place.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Isn't that the truth, they are not simple. I hope this fixes it. I never left Doug just been real busy lately. I was given a project car over the weekend so i have been spending a little time with that.

If your light isn't on, you're "left". Good luck with the project car, also.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Well the TFI module was changed waited for it warm up,no change. I can't keep putting money into my truck if it doesn't run right. Looks like it will be history.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Cliff it is the temp sensor for the engine control most likely. I saw you got a TFI and didn't think it would fix it.

What does it look like? I bought this truck back in February and I am ready to pull the wheels off and scrap it.

Fellro

Staff member
No, that is in the intake air stream. There is a water temp sensor for the gauges and one for the computer. Both should be by the thermostat housing I think.

From Autozone component locator:
The Coolant Temperature Sensor is located:
Under hood, center, front engine area, mounted in passenger side of water outlet

N-ij6fxZ91shd

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
No, that is in the intake air stream. There is a water temp sensor for the gauges and one for the computer. Both should be by the thermostat housing I think.

From Autozone component locator:

N-ij6fxZ91shd

Does Auto Zone still give a sheet on where parts are located?

Fellro

Staff member
Sometimes they give a diagram, didn't find it online. Might go to the store and have them point it out to you.

edit: I see the description got cleared out somehow...

Under hood, center, front engine area, mounted in passenger side of water outlet

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Thanks I will stop by there on my way out. If this doesn't work the truck is history.

Fellro

Staff member
I am sure it will end up being something simple.

Ford Truck Articles