Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Shift kit is in!!

msb71

Virginia Chapter Leader
Hampton,VA
I picked my truck up from the shop today , got the shift kit installed. Gotta say I LOVE IT!!, nice smooth shift from 1-2 , then firm shift from 2-3 , and 3-4. I love the way it gives it more pep between sifts , glad I did it.

andym

Real men are fanatics
What shift kit did you use?

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Told you so man. You put the same B&M Kit in as me and skan?

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
B&M transgo? Your shift is by 2 different companies? Lol So the same as skan and me.

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
Nice! Glad you're enjoying it. A must have if you have an auto, imo. But I'd probably go the full manual, reverse valvebody route. :goldteef:

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
It's what most drag racers use, for consistency and because once you start going real fast it's hard to shift a manual quick enough.

It doesn't shift unless you shift it, basically. Reverse valvebody just means that instead of pushing forward to shift up you're pulling backwards.

I think I did a decent job explaining.. :goldteef:

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
I dont think its a reverse valve body. Its the way the trans is made. Its like a clutchless auto. Most people know them as Powerglides. Boss got that in his 572 race nova.

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
Nah Chris, trust me I'm right. A powerglide's used mostly for strength, it's only got two forward gears.

OK , i have seen them do that,,you want that in your truck?

Likely not, unless I can't frankenstein a manual trans in to handle the power level I want to achieve.

Here's a link for one;
http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product/Art_Carr_Off_Road_Valve_Body/Art_Carr

An example of what type of shifter you'd have to use;
http://store.summitracing.com/partd...4294822068+4294905612+400004+115&autoview=sku

msb71

Virginia Chapter Leader
Hampton,VA
so did you pay to get it done? $70ish for the shift kit - how much for the install (if you're chicken to touch your transmission)

It was 80 and change (shipping included) for the kit, and yes I am chicken to touch it ,meaning I don't really have to , my company paid for a transmission filter and fluid change , the kit got put in on their tab, costed 300$ to get it in.
No grease on my hands, lol.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts