Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Road worthy

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Well I am on my way to making my truck road worthy.So far the rear brakes are in good shape. I wish I could could say the same about the front. The rear tank is out and isn't as bad as I thought it would be. So tomorrow I will be cleaning the tank outside then painting. After that I will clean the inside.

th_100_1132.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Looking good Cliff...glad you're makin some progress. That truck looks alooooooooot better than I thought it did when I saw it on nc4x4...now I see why you pursued it. Good luck man.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
look at that! ford DID make a hover truck back in the 70's!
100_1104.jpg

Yeah I got the only experimental model they had.:rofl:

Looking good Cliff...glad you're makin some progress. That truck looks alooooooooot better than I thought it did when I saw it on nc4x4...now I see why you pursued it. Good luck man.

Yep It is a lot better than the other one I was planning on getting.

brakes are over rated!!! use the clutch. i need to get my brakes fixed after the dip in the pond the dont work so well keep em coming

What clutch?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Sharp lookin' truck! YelloThumbUp
Wish my trucks were that straight!!

That's a NC truck for ya...come on out this way, and I'll put you on a couple, like I did for Cliff.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
That's a NC truck for ya...come on out this way, and I'll put you on a couple, like I did for Cliff.

I wish I would have traveled a bit for my truck instead of getting something that was completely shot except for the chassis. I could have saved some money maybe. Oh well.

Cliff, glad to see you making progress on that nice looking truck.

1973 F-100 4x4

'77 F-250 Custom 4x4

I'd love to but, I've got 4 trucks as is.
Plus I'm still trying to find work again, so a lack of funds is holdin' me back from being able to work on them like I want to.
Been doin' odd jobs to make ends meet. (Almost all of which have required use of my truck.)

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
I have been working on my gas tank today. And I am 2 steps from finishing. I have to clean the inside with some paint thinner and then Paint.If you can see the tank good enough in the first picture how do you get that old glue off? I have used a wire wheel, sand paper and paint stripper. What did y'all use?

th_100_1138.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I don't see any glue...however, normally when it comes to adhesive, I just try using a putty knife, or different width (sharpened) gasket scrapers. I've heard of guys getting a drill attachment that basically has a big eraser on the end, and from what they say, that works well...can't remember exactly what it's called though.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Ben click on the first picture and you can see the glue. I guess I will just paint over it

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
OOOOOH...I thought that was a grind spot. Now looking at it...it doesn't look like glue...maybe a stain...haha. Either way, I stand by what I previously posted.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
Well I got the tank sealed up and did a little sanding on it,then poured some paint thinner in to make sure it didn't leak.IT leaked in a place that didn't get completely sealed. This stuff is tough chit. We almost never got the JB Weld ground back out. I held the tank when one of my sons took a grinder to it.

Funny thing is we got it all out and it didn't leak anymore.

Ford Truck Articles